Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Sagging Belly Skin

Ok, I hope someone has some advice for this.  My son was sooooo big and I was a week overdue with him so I stretched out so much.  I have pics of my belly on my profile and I still carried for another week or so, so it was even bigger right before I was induced.  Anyway, now my stomach is disgusting.  I have loose, sagging skin and it's really depressing.  I had stretch marks on the front, not horrible, but it makes the skin loose.  Plus, I have hanging on the bottom.  I don't know how to get rid of this other than have a tummy tuck, which I'm not doing because I plan on having another baby in the future so what would be the point.  It's also something I can't afford anyway but I can dream can't I?  My son is 3 months and my fiance says it will get better.  My friends who had children say it takes up to a year before the skin tightens up.  Is there any hope to this or am I going to be left with this stomach that I can't stand.  I used to have such a flat belly and I don't mind the little pooch but the sagging thing is terrible.  It's made me so insecure, even when I'm getting intimate I cover my belly.  I don't want it to effect my sex life but I don't even want to get in lingerie.  Please help.
My daughter was big also- 9lbs 2 oz and she was 2 weeks early! I have alot of saggy skin with stretch marks-how lovely!! I hate it also! I also have a c-section scar which makes it look even better! LOL My daughter is 10 months old and I can say it got a little better but not alot! She was definitely worth it but I hate how ugly my stomach is now. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of this please help! I have a feeling I am stuck with this forever! :(
My son was 9lbs. 2 oz. also.  They are worth it but I'm so insecure now.  Clothes don't fit the same because I have this hangover of skin.  Not attractive at all.
I totally understand. I used to have a nice stomach now it is so gross! My husband is so nice about it and always tells me I look good but I think it looks awful!!  Did you have a c-section?
I know, my fiance says it doesn't bother him and that I look good.  I think they have to say that or else we would break down in tears.  No, I pushed out that huge kid.  I don't know if it would have looked any worse if I did have a c-section.  I have no time to go to the gym though.  I think that would help.  My best friend had a baby and in no time, her stomach was flat as a board again, no sagging, no stretch marks.  I hate her...lol.
I know I don't have anytime to workout either-I wish I did! I work full-time and by the time Avery goes to bed which isn't until 9, excersing is the last thing I want to do! Last night she didn't go to bed until 10:15. By then I am exhausted!! I also know people that had babies and they have no stretch marks, no sagging skin-It just isn't fair!! I hate people like that! LOL
Yeah, my son doesn't go to sleep until 9 pm, sometimes he falls asleep at 8 pm but his final bottle is at 11 pm.  I work full-time as well and when I get home I want to spend that time with him and then when he finally falls asleep I'm exhausted.  I'm going to try to see if I can muster up some energy to go when he falls asleep.  I know I hate them to.
mine went away after a few months.  I also used jergens skin firming lotion when I got out of the shower and it actually worked.
I will try that, I lotioned my belly throughout my pregnancy and I still managed to get stretchmarks in my last month.  That was so depressing.
There is really no way to get rid of it.  My daughter is 12 and I still have it - it got worse when i lost a lot of weight - tummy tuck is the soultion - got 5000 handy :)  it is so so nasty - you can pintch it and stretch it - my son 9months grabs it too and giggles it - i have lost all 53 pounds i gained and it looks the same - i should have gotten the tummy tuck when i had my boobs done -
The good thing is that your man loves you and that shows because he doesn't care - i am alone with my two kids and dread the day i meet a man and go on to sleep with him - which will be when i am married - what a complex - i got my boobs but man maybe i should have did my belly i didn't see the pics
I know, I'm going to have to start saving for the tummy tuck.  I will wait until I'm done with having kids.  The pics are in my profile under photos.  You will see how I started and how I finished.  I saw some nice one piece bathing suits, no more bikinis for me.  A new man won't care either.  Trust me, they don't think it's as bad as we think it is.
I still have stretch marks over my entire stomach from my pregnancies.  Not to mention the saggy baggy tummy to go along with it.  Diet and exercise have probably helped as much as they are going to.

At my age, its kind of a moot point for me.  Besides, I can think of a ton of things I'd rather do with that money!