Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Shes arrived! But i have guilt!!

Our little girl was born on 9th feb. Layla Belle. Shes a cutie. She is my second little girl. But in feeling so down. I feel guilty / a failure. I had her by c section as dr felt it was best for her re her position and i had iugr. Same as my first pregnancy. I feel awful ill never know whats it like to hav a baby naturally. My first lil girl was an emergency section after gettin distressed during induction. Anyone feel lik this??
9 Responses
For starters, congratulations! You have no need to feel guilty, you carried and cared for her for 9 months. That's hard work in itself. You still gave birth to her and that should be a moment you should enjoy and be happy about. Try not to let the fact that you had a c section, both times, it was out of your control. Try not to feel guilty mama! Enjoy every second of your new baby
Aw thanks. I jst feel sad i guess that ill never experience it. Last time i was induced and got to 5cm but that was it ;( now as iv had 2 c sections ill never be able to hav a natural birth.
Sweetie congrats on your baby and i could understand how ur feeling but think about it different. You have gave birth to 2 healthy baby.

Before my daughter i had a molar pregnanacy and was devasted.
Women wish they could have a baby no matter what.

We are blessed to have our miracles in hand.

Be happy and enjoy her and congrats :)

I know is easier said than done.
But just look at her everytime that comes to your mind and
I know you'll smile just to see her face❤️
Ahhh such lovely words thank u so much xxx
xxx
Such a hard way to feel lik thhat. Could be so much worse and not able to hav babies etc but at the mo im jst feeling blue about it
I'm having my second daughter by c section soon and I really don't see why it matters now. When I had my first, I was a little upset about it. After a while, I realized the benefits. I thought to myself did I really want to push a baby out and possibly tear, have hemmroids,my vagina would never be the same, pain after sex, etc. the list goes on. Its tough healing after a c section and you have nothing to feel bad about. You're still her mother. If anyone makes you feel bad about it, they are plain idiots who don't know what they're talking about.
I cried with my third because I found out I had to have a c section..and honestly the healing time was so much easier for me than my first 2 which were vaginal..labor is labor momma! Thats what I learned through my experiences
Also I have already scheduled c section #2 with baby #4 :)
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.