Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Should I worry about this pain??

Ok I was just sitting here today and all of a sudden I started getting pain on my right side. It's not real low. Like if I follow my belly button over its there. I know what stretching feelings are. I've had them the whole time. I've never had BH or anything and I figured this was too high up to be. I honestly don't know. The only reason I'm asking is cause this pain was much much more intense then anything  that I think I've ever had. Strong enough for me to want to hit something.... Any advice would be great. Sorry guys if I worry too much. Oh and I'm 20wks pregnant.
12 Responses
151154 tn?1208130582
Does it take your breath away for a second???
164559 tn?1233708018
Do you  have any other symptoms?  Is the pain steady and always only on that side?
It actually stopped for a moment. But It hurt so bad I felt like I couldn't breath for a moment.
Are you sure it's not broad ligament pain?  It feels like a sharp burning pain.  It ususually happens with quick movement but not always.  It can happen while you aren't doing anything.

I remember when I was pregnant those killed me!!  
It just started and stayed for a good two minutes. What do u girls think it is? What if it comes back? Should I even worry?
Two minutes is longer than what I've experienced with ligament pain, and that was my first guess.  If you are terribly worried, and it sounds like you are, call your doc.  That's what they are there for, and I'm sure you are fine.  PG does weird stuff to us.
151154 tn?1208130582
a few weeks ago I got up from the couch and got a weird pain in my side that took my breath away.  It lasted a little while too.  I bet its the same thing
The weird thing is I wasn't moving at all. Just sitting at the computer. I've gotten those pains before.... Where the phone rings or someone comes to the door and I jump up real quick and thats excruciating, but those pains are usually alot lower for me.
151154 tn?1208130582
are you okay now?
164559 tn?1233708018
If it is not going away, you need to call your doc.
177465 tn?1288238463
My cyst made me hurt there!!!! I couldn't move and it was miserable. I thought it was too high to be something with my ovaries, but sure enough, u/s proved me wrong! Call your doc if it doesn't stop!
Yeah, I'm ok now. It subsided, but did scare me for a few mins since the pain was so severe. Hope it doesn't happen again.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.