Skin allergies; any experts?

I have a 16 year old DD who is getting rashes and welts pretty much every day from something she must be allergic to. She gets them on her arms, legs, back, and chest. EXTREMELY itchy.
Are they most likely from something she is eating? Or is it more likely to be environmental? (detergent?)
Anyone have any experience with this?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It could be a food allergy or an allergy to lotion, soap, detergent etc. How long has this been going on? You can all of a sudden develop an allergy to something that you weren't allergic to previously. Has anything changed recently?  I would call the doc and set up an appointment if this continues. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Okay thats what I was wondering--I've always used Tide and Downy so I was thinking it wouldn't be that. BUT if you can develop an allergy all of the sudden, maybe that's the case after all. It's been going on for about a month. At first it wasn't every day, but the past week it has been every day.So now I am concerned. The only other thing I can think, is that she always uses Vanilla Bean Noel lotion from Bath and Body Works. (since Christmas time) I'll have her quit using that for a while too.
Thank you for your quick response dear!!!
Helpful - 0
You are welcome! Good luck! :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.