Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Slow rising HCG, Progesterone normal with suppositories

My 1st day of my last menstrual period was July 15 and that was a 35 day cycle when I am usually a 30 day cycle. I started spotting brown and light pink on the 13-16 went to the dr. on the 17 and was told to take a preg. test in 5-6 days. I didn't because I started spotting dark red but not heavy on the 21st-23rd. I figured this was my period and contacted the dr. who asked me to come in  the 24th. The dr. did a ultrasound and informed me I had endormetrial tissue but this was not my period. I left and took a preg. test and it was + my dr. then did the blood work. on the 25th they told me my HCG was 463 and my progesterone was 15. They ordered me suppositories and to come in, in 4 days. I did and my progesterone was 35 and my HCG was 984. They want me to come in and take another blood test in 2 days. Should I be worried and should I have a ultrasound done?
That is a slow rise in HCG, but some ladies here also had slow rises at first.  I'm sure they will continue to follow your levels, and order US's when appropriate.  Good luck to you.

The progesterone level is good...but you are ON progesterone, so it is meaningless at this point.
Wow, very interesting. You and I have been somewhat experiencing the same thing, except that you are pregnant, or at least had a positive test. Congrats! In my opinion, I would have thought you were experiencing ovulatory bleeding. I posted a question today titled "Ovulatory Bleeding and long cycles" (you may want to read). I read somewhere on the net that the brownish bleeding mid-cycle was sometimes typical in women when they were having a long cycle and that it was generally linked to a drop in estrogen or progesterone levels, but that it was generally a sign of fertility.  I was happy to read that, but I've had that bleeding (mostly spotting) going on for like 8 days now. Grant it, we've been actively baby-making, so maybe I've just aggravated it.  I doubt there was any endometriosis things going on with you.  I think you conceived during ovulation (where you happened to have the ovulatory bleeding) and the bleeding then later was implantation bleeding.  As far as your numbers, I'm not quite sure what all of that means.  I do know that ultrasounds don't hurt to do. Second opinions also never hurt. Let me know how that goes and any thoughts if you read my posting.  Good Luck there!  I'm sure it'll be fine!
I have done the blood test routine so many times! I have had three miscarriages and then finally a healthy pregnancy and I am pregnant now. But I also had a problems with my HCG levels and progesterone so with the pregnancy that was successful they started me on progesterone injections twice a week until I was 11 weeks along because at the point the placenta takes over producing the need hormones to support the pregnancy. I think your numbers are okay as long as they aren't dropping...they should be doubling every 48 hours that is why they want to take your blood again in two days....the suppositories they are giving you is to try and help your progesterone level along this is what supports the prengancy up until 11weeks it's very important. I am a firm believer in the profesterone injections...I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter or be 20 weeks pregnant this time!!!! Try to hang in there and lets hope your start to go up faster!!
Thank you everyone for all of your encouragement! I'll keep you posted with my results tomorrow. Can't wait to read the article from Porsh! My prayers are with all of you!
Had my test done and my HCG went up but not to what the dr. expect so I'm scheduled for my 1st ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. I was wondering if my levels started in the 400's and is going up and in the 1200's now...wouldn't that seem like there is a baby there...I'm asking because the nurse said the ultrasound will either show everthing is okay and I'm just a slow riser, that the baby is in my tubes but she said I would have pain with that and no pain so far or that the sac could be empty or possible miscarriage...I know I should justwait til tommorrow due to so many options but I wondering what everyone thinks...help  :/
What did you find out??? When I had an empty sac with no fetus my HCG level were around 11000 they were rising slowly and then eventually started to drop right before the schedule d & C. They could see in the ultra sound that there was no fetal pole, yolk or heart beat....I hope your situation turns out better please let us know....