Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Small Discoloration on Upper Lip

Hi there everyone! I have a an appointment with dermatology on March 7th, but I'm getting antsy and a bit paranoid (ahh, the joys of being pregnant and worried!). Well, around the time I got pregnant, I noticed a small dark spot on my upper lip. When I run my tounge over it, it feels like a tiny blister. It does not hurt, nor is it a cold sore (which I've had before). I went to see the physician's assistant and she told me it looks like NOTHING to be concerned about...but of course I am. Does anyone else have any similar issues? Is it a result of pregnancy and hormones, or does it sound more serious? Arggh! Why does this stupid stuff always have to happen? :-)  Thanks ladies!
Actually when I am pregnant I do have stuff like that pop up on me. And sometimes my small moles will change appearance. But after the baby comes they dissappear. I have read about skin changes like that when you are pregnant. Look on the internet and I am sure you will find some info. The good thing is that you are getting it looked at so It will put your mind at ease. Good luck. Danielle
i have what they call "the mask of pregnancy" on my upper lip. it is a hormone imbalance that causes the skin pigment to change color.....makes me look like i have two little spots of dirt on my upper lip...it does go away when the hormones level back out, however i have never had the skin raised.

good luck let us know
~nanci
Thanks for your feedback. I will let you know what the dermatoloist says when I go on the 7th of March.
I have the samet thing, but I had it before I was pg.  It's in the very centre of my bottom lip.  Sometimes it pops, and it's just like a water blister that you can get inside your mouth if you bite your cheek.  It could be from biting your lip????
Read your comment and finally found someone who has the same problem,only I am not pregnant. Please let me know your outcome, as my doctor says it is just a vein and nothing I can do about it. Doesnt hurt, but sure is UGLY!