Soft Cervix and open forum

Hello all and TGIF. I do have a question I am 5dpo but my cervix is still very soft and high making BD still uncomfortable as it is so soft. Did anyone else experience this and why do ya'll think it is still so soft? Everything I read says it should get firm after ovulation.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi girls. I banked my DDs blood. It is a steap investment but there is no amount of money in the world that isn't worth saving my child's life. If I would give my own life for my baby, how could I not spend a thousand or so dollars? Additionally, the cord blood has been used to save the life of other family members as well. So, heaven forbid one of your other children need to use the cord blood, it would more likely than not be compatible. I'm sorry if I sound "peachy" or anything but I just can't understand NOT doing it- atleast with one child. Hope I helped.
Helpful - 0
I've never been pregnant.  DH & I are just trying for #1.  That's really all we want.
Helpful - 0
I banked my daughter's (3rd child) cord blood. My OB gave me the name of a company called Cryo Cell. It cost me a one time fee of I think $300 (not more than $350). Then I pay a yearly fee of $100 per year for as long as I want to perserve the cord blood. When I had my first child we just couldn't afford the high costs that the other compines were charging. I wish I knew about Cryo Cell when my first was born. They are a very rep. company. My OB refers all his patients to them. They also have specials if you refer or use them again with another child, which is what I am planning on doing! Hope this helps
Helpful - 0
Thanks for encouragement.  I think I'm freaking out a bit more than usual b/c we passed the 6 month mark.  Only 5 more months of TTC before we are officially deemed infertile.  That's a lot to take.  I do want to take a break soon.  I can't yet though.  My acupuncture treatments are based on where I am in my cycle so I have to be pretty certain.
Helpful - 0
BTW, don't worry about the confusion.  I know it's really hard to keep up with everyone's story!
Helpful - 0
Thanks girls for your opinion.  It does help some.  

jgirl 34 - I totally can relate to what you said, I mean, if we don't need it until say 15 years later, will they have it, will they give us the right one?  I guess with the way companies screw ppl these days I wonder those same things.  I did ask my dr. and she said the most reputable one she has found is CBR (one of the first founders).  Now, that being said, they are rather expensive and she does not know if they have had any issues to date.

Cutiemama - I like you would give my life in a split second for any of my children and that is why I am considering this.  I just hate debt and really like to keep it to a minimum, but agree that when it really boils down to it, a meezly $1000 or $2000 is nothing to save the life of your children or your spouse or even yourself.  I have only one friend who has done this with 2 of her children and she is glad she has since her baby has been diagnosed with Diabetes in the last year and maybe in the near future it can help him. I can only imagine that something would happen to one of my children and the dr's first words to be, "Did you happen to bank any cord blood?", can you imagine the guilt I would feel knowing I could have saved my child.  

Deb 6572 -  Will definately check your bank and see if the cost has changed or is the same.  What year was it that you did your banking?  Do you have a web site for them by any chance?  

My dh and I talked about this and are both in the mind set that we have to do this, so I am now just going to research the best place and try and negotiate the cost.  Thanks again ladies for all your responses.  I really like this site for making some very difficult decisions.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.