Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Spotting during early pregnancy

I'm 5 weeks 4 days pregnant.15 dpo I had 1 spot of blood, the docotor didn't seem worried as my HCG levels where fine. Today I had another spot of blood. Only 1 again, but my stomach has been feeling bit bloated and easy. I've had very minor cramps form day one. The come as quickly as they go. I'm just worried because I've had 2 previous m/c and I cant call my doctor as its Saturday and I live in this small rural town. I just wondered if any of u girls have experienced the same sort of thing. My other pregnancy's I didn't bleed at all, and had a D&C on the 13th July.
Hi there I am now 12 weeks pregnant, but when I was about 6 weeks I experienced some spotting. There was just a little but it was everyday for about a week. It was very dark brown blood (sorry if tmi)but I was scared stiff, this is my first pregnancy. I went for an early scan which my husband almost demanded and everything was fine with the baby. They did find an ovarian cyst which could have caused the bleeding but nothing to worry about. I haven't had any more spotting since this time but do get cramps, which I have been told by the MW are growing pains. If I was you I would push to get an early scan especially with your previous MC. It is probably nothing to worry about but it would help put your mind at rest. Wishing you all the best and hope everything goes ok.
Hi, I too, lost 3 pregancies and am currently 5wks 3 days.  My hcg's are very high at 5 wks, 5700.   I was so nervous and had an ultrasound on thursday and the pregnancy so far looks healthy.  Have you had an ultrasound yet?  I would suggest that to somewhat help put your mind at ease.  I too worry about every ache and pain and am fearing the worst since I've lost 3 this year.  I had a d&c 7/12 and think I had a natuarl miscarriage 8/31.  I too, have some cramps, in pelvic bone area, and some in the vaginal area which are terrifying me.  I know cramps can be bad, and some are normal.  I just don't know which kind mine are.  I'm taking progestrone supp's, which is somewhat helping because I know at the very least, my uterine lining is thick and will try to prevent anything.  Let me know if you have any insights on keeping your sanity in early pregnancy after losing pregnancies.
w/both pgs I spotted @6wks (for several days sometimes bright red & then darker)& @17wks. DS#1 is healthy & I'm now 33wks w/#2!!! I know it's so scary but I just always pray for my babys to stay anchored in!!! LOVE & PRAYERS
I am 6wks pregnant. I had some pink spotting at 12dpo and cramping off and on. At the time, I thought that the pink was the begining of my AF. I haven't had any spotting with this pregnancy since. But, I did spot with my youngest son and he is now 23months old and very strong and healthy. I think that the cramping, which I still feel sometimes, is normal. Spotting is dangerous when acompanied by painful cramping and when it is bright red. To my understanding pinkish or brownish spotting is not a threat for miscarriage. Even if it stops over the rest of the weekend, still consult your OBGYN, to make sure everything is okay. I hope you are feeling well and sticky baby dust!
I bled a lot on my last pregnancy
from 5 weeks through 11 weeks
delivered a healthy baby in december
good luck
Thank you all very much. I think I will opt for a easy u/s to make sure evrything is alright. At my last m/c they did and u/s of my ovies and uterus and everything looked fine. I did do an 8 hour shift at work which might have contributed, so I might have to cut down work nearly completely. But I didn't have any cramping and I've had no spot since then. Thanks very much ladies. Lots of sticky baby dust to you all.