Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Stomach hardening. BH or gas pains??

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I've been experiencing braxton hicks for the past few weeks.  I only feel them though about once a week.  But sometimes I noticed that my stomach gets really hard just like it does with a BH contraction except that it hurts!  It feels very similar to gas pains except my whole stomach balls up and is hard as a rock.  Could it be gas doing this?  I've noticed that the only time this has happened (it's happened about 3-4 times now) is when I get up in the middle of the night to go pee.  I've heard that BH can occur due to a full bladder so do you think it's a BH but just a really strong one?
Gas pains do not cause your stomach to ball up and get hard.  Those are BH contractions.  If they become regular or strong, or are accompanied by any other symptoms such as spotting, mucus, or back pain, see your doctor.
That's what I thought too but I couldn't understand why when I usually get them they don't hurt and sometimes they hurt really bad.
I don't now why that is, but I get tis too. My BH only hurt in the middle of the nightm especially if I have to go pee. I am 32.5 weeks.

yes, i find when i have a bh, i have to then pee.  must put pressure on the bladder.  i am 29 weeks and probaby get them 5-7 times per day.  when i get them more frequently, i drink more water and rest and they seem to subside.