Women's Health: Postpartum Community

TESTING??

How many days before your period can you test for BFP, this seems like a stupid ques. bec never had to worry about that before.
I got a bfp using equate's brand at 9 dpo, 13 dpo using clearblue digital w/another, 14 dpo using dollar tree brand w/another, can't remember the others.

go to the dollar tree for a bunch if you're a POAS addict like I was. I remember taking 2-5 a day hoping it would somehow change. You can POAS till your hearts content for the same price of 1 regular test,and they work just as well, if not better. Equates good too, I think 2/$7
BTW, are you BBTing? It can show an implantation dip which then you could test 2-3 days afterwards. At least then you'll know how soon to test.
Some women can get a BFP four days before a missed period, although not every pregnancy shows up that soon.  Good luck.
I ovulated late and got a really faint BFP 8 dpo.  I've also had them 5 days before my period.  They look more like a crease than a line though.

Good luck!
I tested a lot from 5 days to even 1 day before my period with the first response early test and it showed me nothing. I decided to just give it a whirl the day AF was expected since I had a test left and BFP! :) So they can work earlier for some (and I'm sure you are really wanting to test early) but don't give up hope if you don't get your BFP before AF is due! :) GOOD LCUK!
Thanks song that helps me alot, since I have never had any prob before I have never tried bobdy temp or anything just try to guess at the big o and bd all the time.
Song are you TTC or have kids already, you seem to know about the Os, and BBT I was just curious as I have not seen many posts from you,but I have only been for short time.
Yes, I have a 3 1/2 yo, 17 month old, and 6 months pg (due end of april). I've been pg 7 times, 6 within the last 4 years. So, 4 m/c...the last being last march when I was supposed to be 10 weeks.

I read everyone's post, there's just so many, and so many of the same thing that I don't answer everyone's. I only answer those that I think I can give them some insight to. Plus, I really don't have any questions of my own anymore, unless it's something about pregnancy or my kids that I don't know.

Last year, I got the book "taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler. It helped so much in learning how to BBT, along with coming here for help on it. I also used OPK's (which you CAN get 2 positives in 1 cycle due to stress postponing an ovulation that's in process), I took supplements like vitex/chastetree berry, evening primose oil, 2 extra vitamin b6 a day, multivitamins, and something else I can't remember. I did have to go on BC for 1 or 2 cycles to try to regulate my cycle after the D&C, but it didn't work. Then I discovered I had/have something called cervical erosion which my OB was surprised I even got pg having that. It took 5 months to conceive my current pg, which I never had a problem before.
try BBT. You need a digital thermometer, take it the same way, either orally or vaginally (I prefered orally :-) ) and you need to take it the same time every morning before you do anything. Don't open your mouth before sticking the thermometer in...don't even yawn while stretching, and do NOT get out of bed before doing so. Keep it by your bedside, set your alarm or if you already get up at a certain time. Then check out fertilityfriends.com. They have a neat chart there for free. It'll figure out your base coverline, and when they think you O'ed. You just have to remember the temp and the time you took it. Pretty neat. This way you can see if you have a short leuteal phase (sp?), low progesterone, ovulating late if at all, or have an implantation problem. It's amazing how much you can learn about your body just from temps!! I found out I had a short leuteal phase, which the vitamin b6 helped.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions
Thanks I checked the site fertility friend very very helpful, thanks. I just hate that know I have to do these things after sooo many preg. but if I really want one more then I will try this,IF I get af she is due tues.
I'll be looking for your post on tuesday.

Good luck!!