Women's Health: Postpartum Community

TGIF OPEN FORUM

Have a good one ladies!! Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go.
hey,i haven't heard from you in awhile.i know that you've been disappointed since your last visit with the dr.just checking to see if your doing a little better.well,i'm in the same club you are this month.i had my u/s on monday.there was 9 all together but not even the right size.it was day 15 for me.i really thought that this month would be it,because me & dh have had intercourse every other day since i've been off my af.i hope you have a good day,and to the rest of you ladies,too.
Good Morning.  Hope everyone is feeling GREAT today.  I have not BMed in two days. I am going crazy.  I took sencot yesterday so I am hoping that it works.  Other than that everything seems fine.  Although this week I am nervous, Usually where I miscarry. (Yes even after seeing HB). But I hate to jinx myself, but I have no spotting at all. I have always been spotting.  So im keeping my fingers crossed.

Stacie30  I see that you are going off to work.  What do you do?  I posted somewhere that I am a special ed teacher and DH runs an auto repair shop.  

What about you all, what does everyone do?  I am sure that yuo all know this about each other,but if you could recap that would be great.  

I live on Long Island New York  Right near the Hamptons.  What about everyone else.  

I hope evryone has a great day.  My and my DS and DH are going to have breakfast and then go SHOPPING. ( one of my favorite things to do.)  :):):):):)  

Happy day Ladies happy day

lynn AKA angelblever
Goodmorning ladies! I was doing all this deep thinking yesterday, which is so dangerous :), but I have expressed that I have been kind of down this week. I was thinking about all of you ladies; those ttc first child, those of us ttc our second or third or fourth, and those preggos out there, and I just thought wow! It is amazing how the maternal instinct can really take over. I was never one to play with baby dolls. I loved Barbie. She was independent, had nice clothes, nice cars, the big house, not to mention Ken! I loved to imagine my life to be that way. My DH and I never even talked about children before we got married! We both just decided one day it was time to start a family. Kind of funny as I look back on it. But what I never really understood was what a deep soul changing event pregnancy is. I wonder now which is worse, having no children and ttc and you can't or having a child and ttc and you can't???? Sort of like being born blind or going blind at 40. Which is worse? I
now know what a blessing and miracle pregnancy is, so I know what I am not able to have right now and it hurts so very badly. All I can say to those ttc their first child is that I am praying so very hard for you and those of you in my shoes I feel all the frustration and pain. You ladies inspire me everyday. You lift me up and help me through. I have laughed with you this week and I have cried with you. I am so very thankful that each of you take time out of your busy lives to post here. It is so wonderful to know if no one else understands I can come here and get the support and understanding I need. May the Lord bless you all with all the happiness and children you can handle! :)

I love you all-
~Shannah~
I am 30 and I work for a large pharmacuetical software company and so does my DH. He is in Marketing and I work in Collections. I have been here 7 years. Great company to work for. We live in Spartanburg, SC which is part of the upstate. I love living here because we have access to so much. The mountains, the lake and the beach.We built a house this past year on about 3 acres of land and we moved into it at the end of January. We love it. I have said before that our DS is Bailee and he will be 6 this year. I have 3 cats; Mia, Meep and Millie. We also have a Shitzu named Pepper and a good old mutt named Little Girl. We have a boat and spend many weekends at the lake. I have to say that I feel very blessed in my life and I have a happy life. I am glad I can say that! :)
I have a question??? I was wondering about the whole Melissa thing yesterday??? I was like Steely Ann, so CONFUSED! Can someone please explain who she was and what was going on with that yesterday???
Good morning to all....wow Shannah that was some deep thinking you were doing, that was so sweet....I only found this sight about 2 weeks ago and I have to say I think it's a wonderful sight as well, I look forward to coming on here and getting advice and hearing about people's stories, it makes me feel very much not alone in my experiences in ttc. I'm not sure which is worse, ttc #1 or ttc #1,2.... I have 1 child that took us 3 yrs. to have, all of that was a wonderful experience once it finally happened....you only get to go through the joys of a first (healthy) pregnancy once, registering for the baby, having 9 mos. to think about the 1st baby and all of that, and hey!! you were able to "practice" BD w/ husband any time you wanted....it's not that easy after baby #1!!! Sure I am excited about trying for baby #2 but there is so much more going on in my life right now that it makes it harder too. Your post brought tears to my eyes and it made me think back to when we were trying to conceive baby #1 and how frustrating it was. Finally when I relaxed and was ready for a break from ttc, I said 1 more month and that is IT, that is when it happened. So as much as I would like to tell you, don't give up, maybe if you just pretend to give up, relax a little and don't let it consume your life, easier said than done I know when you want something so bad, it will happen.

Lynn-
To answer your question, well, I am 27 yrs. old, finishing my bachelor of fine arts in Interior Design. (That is not the same as a "decorator", just so you all know) I will be graduating in May (woohoo). Right now I am sitting in my temporary "office" at my internship at Merillat Industries in Adrian Michigan (they are manufacturers of kitchen cabinets) and I am learning how to put together kitchens for showrooms. It has been a great experience, everyone has been really great. I also work part time at a screen print/sporting goods shop 2 days a week. That job I have been at since I was a jr. in high school, my boss is really great b/c he lets me take my ds to work w/ me when I don't have a sitter, or just b/c I want to.
I live in Morenci MI an EXTREMELY small town right on the Ohio/MI border and when I am done w/ my degree hopefully we can move somewhere bigger where I can get a good job using my degree. Oh and my dh works at Sauder Woodworking, they make ready to assemble furniture and if you are a Wal-Mart shopper, you've probably seen that brand there.
BTW-I will be praying for you that you make it through this week and have many more "uneventful" weeks till you reach that 40 wk. mark (or atleat 38)
Angie (my real name)
My gosh - what a nice post to start a Friday morning!!  I'm not sure which is worse either.  Being in my shoes (ttc first child), I would say that must be the worst because you don't even have one!  My best friend of 21 years, however,'s sister has had many many miscarriages, and finally managed to have one, and is now ttc again, and she says knowing what it's like having one and so that that makes it worse to her - so I guess it's all relative.  Do you have the results of all of that bloodwork you had?
Hello everyone.  I am glad to have found this board.  You guys have been very supportive and opened my eyes to alot of things I have not known about.  I am 27 years old.  My DH and I both work for the Government.  I am a Systems Administrator working in Virginia and DH is a Network Engineer working in Washington,DC.  We have a 20month old son and are actively trying for another one.  We got preggo in May 2004 but I had a miscarriage with a D&C in July.  So now, I am trying to heal and look forward to trying again after my first cycle.  I hope and pray we will have no problem.
Hey girls!! Sorry I havent posted in a while. I had Monday off because some friends were in town. They decided they wanted to go tubing down the river. I wasn't sure, but they assured me that it would only consist of laying in a tube and floating down the river. I went but the river was so low that we ended up walking about half the way. It was so hot and the sun was so bad that even though I had SPF 50 sunscreen on I got burnt. Mainly on my shoulders, the tops of my boobs(that hurt like a mother!!) and on my legs. So far no blisters. DH is another story. He is like a lobster and my doctor took such pity on him he perscribed strong pain killers for him to take at night and suggest some cream that helps. He had a huge blister that popped and it looks horribly painful.

Anyway even though I went to the doctor last week with my falling scare they had me come in for my scheduled appointment. The doctor was looking for the heartbeat and after about 3 minutes said "Don't get worried, if we don't hear it we will do an u/s" and explained as nicely as I could that although I would love another picture, I wanted to hear the heartbeat and not be scared to death of the what the u/s would show. The baby must have heard me because right then we heard the heartbeat. It was 156 bpm.

Anyway the doctor offered to make appointment for every week if I wanted, the office is really understanding of our loss and our fear. I told him I mainly just wanted to be able to hear the heartbeat regularly. He said I would come in and have a nurse check whenever I wanted, so I plan on going every week until we order a doppler to rent.
Mandi
Angelblver - I am also a teacher.  I am a reading specialist and head of the Reading/Writing program for my elem. school in Va. Beach.  It sounds far more prestigious than it is.  I used to teach 2nd grade before specializing in reading.  Around here, everyone is trying to get out of Special Ed.  Maybe it is a better program where you live.  My husband is a radio DJ and he writes and produces radio commercials.

Bailee - I cannot speak for why Christie thought Steeley was Melissa, but I can tell you what I remember about Melissa.  She came on here a while ago and has a son about Steeley's son's age.  SHe went through severe PPD.  She sometimes came on here and posted things that stirred up trouble.  Some people thought she was trying to get attention.  She had a lot of issues.  (Disclaimer:  I am not voicing my own opinion of her, just answering the question of who Melissa is).  She also wrote in a VERY distinctive style.  I left the forum for a while and recently returned, so I don't know what happened to make her leave here, but apparently some of the normal posters have a gut feeling she is back with a different username.

To everyone else - if I am wrong, or have the wrong Melissa, please feel free to correct me or even add to what I have said.  Like I said, I am not passing judgment on her, just trying to inform the newer members of the forum since they asked.  Also, how can she change her username?  When I came back on about a month ago, I tried to come on with a new username (just for fun) and I couldn't figure out how to do it.  My computer automatically pulls up my username and password when I click to post a response or question.  Anyone could come on my computer and post as me, but I don't know how to change any of that info.  Oh well, just a thought!
Your right about the realxing part. I have had myself all in a funk this week. I went to bed last night and DH was already asleep. I had to wake him up to tell him I was really depressed and I just felt so bad and I don't know how to make all these bad feelings and thoughts go away. I am usually such an upbeat person, so this is very unusual for me and I don't like it one bit! :) He thinks it is because I am surrounded by pregnant women and it is just getting to me. I work with Emma1 who is 20wks preggo and this week we found out that one of our co-workers is pregnant with her second. I guess it just has hit me this week. I am so happy for both of them, but sad for me! I guess I am just having one big pity party!!! :) I look forward to a nice weekend. I will be working on sewing Emma1's crib set and curtains and that should be fun! So here is to a great weekend and TGIF!!! :)
I work for a major engineering company in Chicago as an executive assistant.  I have 3 children 3,9 & 18 and 1 grandson, 6 months.
Wow what a lot of early morning people we have here.  

Bailee5  What nice thoughts.  As you know I have a 13 year old DS and we have been trying for 10 years  yes 10 long years. We have been blessed with pregnancies but unfortuantley Joey is the only baby (so far) that we have had the priveldge to bring home to our family.  I Thank God for him everyday.  I also am raising my neice we have had her since she was 11.  My SIL and Bro.   are BIG LOSERS.  SIL is an alcoholic and Bro is so money hungry,he makes  $410,000 a year but has no time for his children.  SIL used to taunt Meg with comments like I wish I had an abortion with you...  Real charmer right.  my brother was never home so Louie and I stepped in and told SIL that I would take custody of her,  so shes here, and we love her.  I got the privedlge of proms, first dates, first serious kiss, first heartbreak, first driving lesson....  For that I am so grateful..  I used to feel bad that Joey was an only chil;d but now he has a BIG sister, and god willing a little sibling....

It must be cool to work with HUBBY.  ALthough mine is on vacation this week and I ma counting the days until he goes back to work.  

I have no clue about the Melissa thing.  I bet she doesn't come back

I think you are right, it is all relative. I will get my results on 7/27 when I see my RE. Thanks for asking and much baby dust to you!!!! :)
It is only 17 days until Jacob's due date. I can't believe it has been 5 months since I lost him. I keep feeling horrible because I wish I was still pregnant with him, but then I remember if I was I wouldn't have this new baby. I feel like I am choosing one baby over the other.

The last lady in my pregnancy list with Jacob had her baby. I would be next. I am so glad that I am pregnant again though, because I don't think I would be able to get through this otherwise!!
Mandi
Boy could I have used you, we just redid our kitchen,  I have no patients for that plus I SUCK at matching things.And Yes I am A wal mart shopper.  I love Wal Mart!:):):):)  

I think that you are right at least I got to experience birth once.
Good question about what people do - I'm always interested to hear that kind of stuff!!  I work fulltime as an "Advanced Rehabilitation Therapist" with survivors of acquired brain injury.  My dh is a teacher.  I'm 29 and dh is 35, and we don't have any children (just got married in May as a matter of fact, and moved into a new home on June 29th).  We got pregnant in February (oops!) and I miscarried in April at about 13 weeks.  We are definitely ttc.
When do you have time to bd  with a 20 month old.  Whereyou live sounds beautiful. NIce and serene.  

Still a mom how month months weeks are you along?

I am so impressed with how educated you guys are.  I didn't seek medical intervention for years.  I feel like I lost a lot of time and chances.  But as my mom says we make plans and God laughs, he is in charge.

Have a great day everyone!!!  I am off to go shopping.

Blessings Lynn
Jacob's due date is only 17 days away. I can't believe that it has come so quickly. The last woman in my pregnancy list with Jacob had her baby. I would be next. Instead I am last. I have 6 months left to go. I am glad I am pregnant again though, because otherwise I don't think I could deal with Jacob's due date and all the pregnant women I see!!!
Mandi
Thanks for the babydust, and right back at ya!!  The 27th??  LONG time to wait.  I'm so inpatient, that would drive me nuts!!
I am 13 weeks and 3 days. The doctors know that I am more worried right now because I lost Jacob around 14 weeks. I just dread going in and them not finding a heartbeat. I am almost tempted to go in today, but I was just in Wednesday. I do have to go make an appointment though, since the computers were down the other day.
Mandi
awww....You know, I am a superstitious person...When I had Chaise, DH's brother and SIL were tring...and SIL held Chaise in the hospital, then I think they went home & BD 'cause my neice is almost 9 mos. to the day younger than DS.
Last September I had 2 neices born (one to my sister the other to the same SIL) and 1 god-daughter born to friends of ours so I was surrounded by babies and wouldn't you know I got pg. (I had a m/c) but DH & I had been together for 9 yrs., I was on birth control for probably the 1st yr. of our relationship, and I had gotten pg. w/ ds through the use of fertility drugs....so my point to you is....never under estimate the power of holding a baby:) Was it a coinscidence? I dunno!!! But hey! It makes for a good story:)
Have fun making Emma1's crib set!! AND RELAX lol!!!
I wish there was something I could say to you to make you feel better. I can see where you are coming from, I had a m/c in Nov. & if I were still preg. my edd would be in 3 days. I think about it everyday and still wonder what went wrong. Some questions will never be answered. I found out I was preg. & 3 days later had a m/c. I never heard a hb or anything though, if I had, I'm sure I would've had a harder time "getting over it" (you never really get over it). My condolences (sp?) to you and your family...Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy.
BTW- How did you know he was a boy, I didn't think they could tell that til 5 mos.? Just wondering.
First of all, as everyone said, what a wonderful post to start off a Friday!

Second to answer the question of why Melissa left-She created a second acount and in one day posted several times with both names. One name she used to "pose" as a woman who came on to tell us she was going to have her baby, then came in a week later to tell us the baby was stillborn.Complete with details oft he birth. Then she made the mistake of posting in the open forum without changing her screen name again. Siffuce it to sasy, I don't think she went through PPD, I think she was Schizo.(sp?)

Still A Mom-As I have stated before MANY TIMES, my own OB is VERY CONSERVATIVE, but he wouldn't allow me to go tubing when I asked. His reasoning was that the rapibs could get a little rough, I coudl get bounced around or even fall from the tube and you never know what's under murky water.(sticks poking up, that sort of thing) Before doing anything that YOU question, cal your OB, don't listen to your friends. Ad if you can't call your OB, then listen to your instinct and just don't go.