Women's Health: Postpartum Community

TGIF~~~~~~~ Open forum

Morning ladies!
Finally!!! I'm so glad it's Friday! What a long week. All I want to do is sleep lately and working is getting in the way :o)

Tresmathews, are you starting to show yet?
OMG I thought we would NEVER get an open forum!

Okay, calling all experienced moms....I am losing my mind with my DD!

Kass has been such a flake lately! She seems to be having difficulty staying on task and doing waht is asked of her. We have to ask her to do things like make her bed and brush her teeth 3 times at least before she will do it! She wanders off when asked to do something rather than purposefully walking where it is she needs to go and getting it done. ON the way she will let herself become distracted, petting the cat, noticing lint on the carpet, anything BUT what was asked of her.

For example, last night I told her to go upstairs and get ready for a bath, she went to the stairs, but then saw a book on them and sat down to read it! This morning, she was looking at something across the table and squirted syrup all over HERSELF instead of her waffles! Then 15 min's later, again not paying attention to her task, she was looking at something else and spilled a whole bottle of vitamin's on the floor!! It was all I could do to keep from crying!! I just had had it!

Am I expecting too much and is this normal for her age or for our situation? I mean I understand that there ar big changes coming, but it's still two weeks away and for her it might as well be next year. What is going on? Or better yet, how can we remedy this?
Oh yes! I have packed up all my regualr clotes including shirts cause my boobs are huge lol. it seems like in the last few days I have popped. My MIL told me I looked like I gained 10 lbs in one spot in 2 days. I have to go shopping today for some new bras and a sweater that will fit over my boobs.
I must have missed it somewhere but how old is DD.
Okay. I didn't know if I was imagining it or not. I feel like my abdomen has popped out and yet at 9 weeks and 2 days thought it's too early. I also have only been able to eat junk food lately. Everytime I try to make a healthy meal, it makes me queasy and I don't want to eat it. So I thought maybe it's fat, maybe it's a bit of both, but my boobs are enormous. Dh even said they look huge. Are you in maternity pants yet? I haven't told anyone at work and won't for 3 more weeks, but I don't think my regular pants are gonna hold out that long!
I have benn wearing them for weeks. Some of the stores like Kohl's make the pants with no panels. They are the best invention ever made. If you wear and oversize shirt nobody can tell that they are maternity. The pants are so much more comfy then regualre ones they have more give when you sit, which is great for me because I have a desk job.
Funny that you ladies mention this . . . I am 8 weeks 4 days and have noticed just this week the belly popping out.  I've put on about 2-3 pounds so no biggie there, but the tummy is certainly protruding a bit.  I can still wear my clothes, but not all of my pants.  Some I am trying the leave the top button open and use a rubberband to loop the close. And, of course, just leaving the shirt untucked for most of my pants (have 2 pairs that I can still wear tucked!).  But, it is certainly noticeable on my end.  I will put off wearing maternity clothes (though have been buying some on ebay!) until as late as possible as I don't want to tell anyone at the office until January or so if I can help it.  School ends for me Dec. 1st and I've got a month off, so I am hoping to push the notice of the pg off by the administration at school.  Jenni
Me too. At a desk all day. They just opened a Kohl's here (Maine seems to last for everything! I'm a New Yorker originally, so it's a bit frustrating). Maybe I'll check it out this weekend. I ordered some pants from JC Penney online, but they all have the panels. Thanks for the suggestion :o)
Kohl's is having a sale this weekend too and things are like 30% off so you may wanna check it out. My MIL bought me this awesome suede type shirt there it is the most comfortable thing ever. Another good place to buy clothes is fashion bug I have bought like 3 out fits there found lots of good clearance stuff. I am going in search of a dress. I need one for the holiday's and college gradutaion in January. This ought to be fun. I will let you know if I find anything.
She is 6 yrs old.
Well, you are just a wealth of shopping information! Thank you! I'm gonna be on a mission this weekend! Kohl's and Fashion Bug here I come!!!!!
Thanks for your input. I guess we are all in the same boat and that is comforting. Good luck holding off till January to tell people. I am having such a hard time just waiting till the 12 week mark which is mid November. Sounds like you are thin and will probably be visably showing by January. But it is big sweater season!