Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
359142 tn?1321120923

TTC supplements - Please share your experience

I am TTCing again at 37/38.  I am considering Vitex, also progesterone supplement ( I have had several chemical pregnancies-6, before 8 weeks) also considering Mucinex for thinning out CM.  I have a short LP and low progesterone.  Any experiences? Pros/Cons? Where to buy?  Progesterne oral vs. creme?  When to take these?

Thanks so much guys.

Jennifer
2 Responses
Hi Jennifer,

I just read your post. I am the same age and also ttc. I am currently breastfeeding my 15 month old and my period only returned this month after taking vitex for a few weeks.

Since taking vitex my bbt has started to stablise. My cervical mucus is much better so I am finding it much easier to identify when I am ovulating. My main problem now is finding time to have intercourse during my peak day. My toddler never seems to sleep!

From the research I have done vitex definitely helps a lot of women with your problem (and mine). I intend taking it until I get a positive pregnancy test and then I will stop as it is not safe during pregnancy.

Best of luck to you. I hope you already have your positive test result as I see your post is a few months old. I'd love to hear how it's going for you.

Cici

359142 tn?1321120923
No BFP yet :( . But my chart is stabilizing now after my last miscarriage in October.  I'm using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and it has helped me identify my most fertile days.  My DH doesn't like the on demand factor, but I've worked with him some now and as long as we are only "on demand" for 2 or 3 days he's OK with it.

This will be my last month before I start trying Vitex.  We are definitely hitting our "fertile window" so I'll probably pull out all the stops next month if we don't get our BFP this month.  

Good luck to you too.  Keep me posted.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.