Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Thursday Open Forum

Good morning, ladies.  Ask away!
So how are you feeling today? 12DPO???
How much cramping is normal? I have major mens. cramps especiially in the afternoon to evening. I am also having some mucus brown/pink discharge. I went for an U/s Tues. I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant but the heart beat was very weak. I go back next week for another U/s but have not experienced this cramping before. ANy thoughts?
I am 27 weeks and am scheduled for a 3-D Ultrasound tomorrow and was wondering if anybody had any input on them?
I don't know how I'm feeling.  My temp was still up this a.m.  I think I'm going to POAS today. I'm so nervous though.  And DH doesn't want me to.  He wants me to wait a few more days.  Easy for him to say! Anyway, I woke up to use the bathroom at 4:30 and haven't gone since. I'm saving it up! :)
Good luck... What has your temp been running? Mine is at 98.0 but wouldn't you think that since i am on 200mg progesterone that it would be higher???
cowgirl,
my email came back to me.  i must have typed something wrong.  can you give it to me again...sorry.  cant find the post where you told me the first time.

greenpixie,
baby dust to you today *************

no other exciting news.  ;)  hope everyone has a great day.
Hi Everyone! Am new to the forum, i joined mainly because i need help, and i feel better talking to ppl who have experienced the same things i have. Well i was pregnant for about 6 and a half weeks and m/c the week b4 xmas... had a complete d&c amd what have you..... january was messed up because my period was on and off. Feb 1-5th i experienced what i would call a normal period... now on monday 13th i started bleeding again... an today am still bleeding.... i dont know what is happening and i need help on this... it worring me and my b/f because after i m/c we have been trying to get pregnant again. so could this be another miscarriage? am not have any mild pains like i did when i first miscarried... jus some pain, the bleeding is sort a heavy and a lil clot.... some one please help me am worried!!!
I am so sorry for your loss.  I too had a m/c in Jan.  I just got af last Wed and am now TTC again.  Anyway, do you know if you hcg is back to normal?  Are you sure all the tissue is passed.  There could be just one little pc left behind and you would bleed irregularly.  Anyway, my advise is to call your doc to make sure everything is ok.
Good luck!
You will enjoy the 3-D u/s.  I had two with my last pregnancy b/c my AFP came with 1 in10 that my son had Trisomy18.  We had to monitor him b/c I refused the amnio.  The pictures that you will see will be very much like a picture that you would take of  the baby after delivery. the details of the baby will give you a clue exactly how the baby will look, you  will see the wrinkles in the fingers, you can see the nails, the strands of hair.  It is truly amazing.
okay thanks for the advice but i was a bit lost.... am new to this and i dont kno what the abbrevations mean...what is ttc and hcg! i dont mean to sound so green but i jus joined and am new to all this
And got another damn BFN!!  :(  I'm so discouraged right now!  This was month #7 for us.  I guess now I just have to wait for AF to show so I can start again...   This stinks!!
I am sending lots and lots of sticky baby dust your way************** I can't wait to hear the news. I am a POAS addict and that's why I started testing at 6 dpo and got the BFP on 8 dpo. It was soooo faint but by 12 dpo is was quite dark. My hcg was 54 at 10dpo. Very best of luck. I'm praying for your bfp because you've definitely pain your dues in the ttc department.
Maybe you tested to early. What is your temp today?
That's no problem!  TTC=Try to conceive
AF=aunt Flow
HCG=your pregnancy hormones
CM=cervical mucus
CD=Cycle day
DH=Dear husband
BD=baby dance (sex)

Just ask if you don't get something, we are all hear to help each other!
Temp today (and yesterday) was 97.9.  That's actually pretty high for me.  I rarely get to the 98 mark.  My pre-O temps rarely go above 97.2  

I know that I could have tested too early, but I doubt it.  My optimisim is about completely gone by now.
I was in the same boat you were last week. I just knew af was coming, I was cramping and the whole 9 yards, and then low and behold! Don't give up! Are you positive you O'd on the day you think you did?
I was just wondering a few things. February 1st I went to the doctor and they couldnt find a heart beat on my baby, they then did an ultrasound and the baby had died. The next day I went to deliver him. I was 24 weeks but the nurse said that the baby looked further along than that. They think the reason he died was because of low amniotic fluid and the shape of my uterus is not pear but heart shaped. Has anyone ever been through this before? I go today to talk to the doctor and hes gonna run some tests... I will probably have more questions afterwards. Thank you.
No, there is actually a slight discrepancy on my chart.  I thought I Oed on CD 20 (completely normal for me), b/c my temp went up on CD 21.  But CD 22 it went down.  CD 23 it went back up and has stayed up since.  Today is CD 32. I'm counting my O day as CD 20, but it could be 22.  I'm either 10 or 12 DPO.  I know that it's not over until AF arrives, but I'm just not feeling it anymore.  Know what I mean?
First off, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  That must be absolutely devastating!

Did your DR tell you that you have a bicornuate uterus?  I know that is fairly common and can cause pregnancy complications for some women.  Maybe do a search on it and see what you can find out.  I'm sorry I can't be more help.  I'm pretty sure there are women on here who have a bicornuate uterus so maybe they will be able to help you out.
Yeah, I know! I was there with you last week. If by chance you're only on 10dpo then a test wouldn't necessarily pick up. I think I O'd later, and so does the nurse, so hopefully we'll know something next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! (((((BABY HUGS))))
well my pregnancy last year...i didnt get the bfp til 18dpo...and i tested everyday for a week before that.  This time I got it at 8dpo.  I think you are still in that waiting period and dont lose hope!!!  Throwing baby dust your way!
greenpixie, it took me a year to get pg a second time with my daughter.  the dr. told me he wouldn't even look at helpers until 9 months to 1 year trying.  i was discouraged too.  i completely understand your pain...also, on that pg...i never could get a hpt to work.  the line would show up way after the time period was over.  maybe af wont show.....i'll be thinking of you.

MOM OF 6, i lost a daugher (a twin) who had a rip in her am. sac and not enough fluid.  her lungs could not develop properly.  am fluid is very impt.  she only lived 16 hours and was delivered at 24 weeks with her sister as i had a deadly infection from the leaking.  my heart goes out to you.  this was almosat 2 years ago, and i can still feel what you're feeling like it was yesterday.  im praying for you.  i do not have experience with a different shaped uterus though.  my problem was caused by multiple gestation.  again...sorry for your loss.
Thanks.  I hope that you are right.  I'm really trying to prepare myself for AF's visit though!
I didn't see your post.  Thank you, too!