Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Tubal Ligation

So I had a tubal ligation in 7/06 after my third child.  I had a 3 year old daughter, 2 year old son and a baby boy on the way and my marriage was failing.  I decided to get a tubal ligation because the thought of providing for three children was a lot for me to handle.  Now my marriage has worked out (doing GREAT) and I have three wonderful children.  I do, somewhat, regret getting "fixed".  My mind is playing tricks on me though.  I just had my period, it was late like usual (I usually run 33-35 days) and I only had one day of heavy bleeding where as I usually have 2-3.  After my cycle I got extremely sick to my stomach which really tricked my brain, then now I am getting horrible heart burn, which does not happen to me.  
When I figured out I was pregnant with my youngest, I was super sick for 2 days then got horrible heartburn.  I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.  So I think that is why my mind is messing with me.  
My worst fear is that I am because I had brain surgery last year which ended up giving me nerve damage (occipital nerve) that is extremely painful.  Trying to take care of a 6, 5, 3 year olds is hard enough then you add that in and it is rough (plus finishing up my degree).  I am on medication that is not safe for pregnancy and that is what scares me.  I know my mind is just messing with me, I had my period.  I guess I just needed to type this out and share it so it will get off my mind.

Thanks
0 Responses
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.