Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Tuesday Open Forum

dollchina ~ just wanted to give you my update on what the levels were. i think they said on Fri that they were 280-something. and yesterday they were 180-something. so i guess that it is good that they are coming down. does this mean i cant get preg until they are back to normal?? how long will it take before they get back to normal?? how are you doing??
Good morning, it's good that your hcg is coming down.  I think you ovulate after your hcg goes down to >5 and sometimes, you don't ovulate on your 1st cycle.  So, I assume that wasn't your AF last week.  Are you going back to the doc to check your level?  I am not sure how long it will take to go down since everybody is different.  I never got mine checked and I just assume I am ok since I didn't bleed for 3 weeks (your d&c was on the 15th?)  
I am doing ok, Af is no show but I am trying to stay positive.
Yeah i am going back on Fri. for my 4 week post op. so i think i am going to ask him to order another test to see where i am on Fri. hopefully it falls really fast!!! but who knows. my d/c was on 1/13. i was kinda bummed that it wasnt farther down!! i want to start trying asap!!! i think we are just going to BD and see what happens this month. who knows when/if i will O but i guess we will give it a try! i am going to ask my dr on fri all these questions! i am hoping good things for you!!! you havent had your AF since your d/c right??
Sounds like your hcg is coming down quite quickly.  DH and I have been doing some bd but I didn't track anything.  Yes, I am still waiting on my AF, it's been 5 weeks today since my d&c.  I am getting a little nervous and irritated.  I am taing a hpt this Sunday if I still don't get my AF.
i know what you mean about being irritated!!! that is a good word! i was like that last night - so fed up with levels, trying/not trying etc... i think i am going to go with what i want and be done with it! are you counting when you are supposed to get your AF from when your d/c was or when your levels go back to normal? so 4 to 6 weeks after the day of the d/c?
GOOD MORNING
Kandm,

I know you wont get your af until after your levels hit 0.  It is normal for them to take a while and it sounds like you went almost in half within 3 days so that is good.. so figure by this friday you should be around 90.. and so on and so on.  I tested posive on HPT until 3 weeks 4 days after my D&C.  On the day before my 4 week follow up I FINALLY got my BFN with first morning urine.  SO my next BFP will come from a baby!!  I think i made up my mind and i am going to TTC after this first AF. We are getting close ladies!!! I CAN FEEL THE BABYDUST ON MY FACE!! hahaha
I wanted to add my thought for the day..

I found out i was pg on 11/28.  It was exactly 5 weeks and 1 day that i knew about my baby.  It has now been 5 weeks since i learned my baby died.  The 5 weeks i was pg went so sloooow.  (anxious for baby to GROW) and the past 5 weeks have FLOWN by.  things are coming in fives.  I was five weeks pregnant when i found out, i was pregnant for 5 weeks, i lost my baby 5 weeks ago.  MAYBE i will be pregnant again in 5 weeks.  :-)