Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Tuesday Open Forum

dollchina ~ just wanted to give you my update on what the levels were. i think they said on Fri that they were 280-something. and yesterday they were 180-something. so i guess that it is good that they are coming down. does this mean i cant get preg until they are back to normal?? how long will it take before they get back to normal?? how are you doing??
Good morning, it's good that your hcg is coming down.  I think you ovulate after your hcg goes down to >5 and sometimes, you don't ovulate on your 1st cycle.  So, I assume that wasn't your AF last week.  Are you going back to the doc to check your level?  I am not sure how long it will take to go down since everybody is different.  I never got mine checked and I just assume I am ok since I didn't bleed for 3 weeks (your d&c was on the 15th?)  
I am doing ok, Af is no show but I am trying to stay positive.
Yeah i am going back on Fri. for my 4 week post op. so i think i am going to ask him to order another test to see where i am on Fri. hopefully it falls really fast!!! but who knows. my d/c was on 1/13. i was kinda bummed that it wasnt farther down!! i want to start trying asap!!! i think we are just going to BD and see what happens this month. who knows when/if i will O but i guess we will give it a try! i am going to ask my dr on fri all these questions! i am hoping good things for you!!! you havent had your AF since your d/c right??
Sounds like your hcg is coming down quite quickly.  DH and I have been doing some bd but I didn't track anything.  Yes, I am still waiting on my AF, it's been 5 weeks today since my d&c.  I am getting a little nervous and irritated.  I am taing a hpt this Sunday if I still don't get my AF.
i know what you mean about being irritated!!! that is a good word! i was like that last night - so fed up with levels, trying/not trying etc... i think i am going to go with what i want and be done with it! are you counting when you are supposed to get your AF from when your d/c was or when your levels go back to normal? so 4 to 6 weeks after the day of the d/c?
GOOD MORNING
Kandm,

I know you wont get your af until after your levels hit 0.  It is normal for them to take a while and it sounds like you went almost in half within 3 days so that is good.. so figure by this friday you should be around 90.. and so on and so on.  I tested posive on HPT until 3 weeks 4 days after my D&C.  On the day before my 4 week follow up I FINALLY got my BFN with first morning urine.  SO my next BFP will come from a baby!!  I think i made up my mind and i am going to TTC after this first AF. We are getting close ladies!!! I CAN FEEL THE BABYDUST ON MY FACE!! hahaha
I wanted to add my thought for the day..

I found out i was pg on 11/28.  It was exactly 5 weeks and 1 day that i knew about my baby.  It has now been 5 weeks since i learned my baby died.  The 5 weeks i was pg went so sloooow.  (anxious for baby to GROW) and the past 5 weeks have FLOWN by.  things are coming in fives.  I was five weeks pregnant when i found out, i was pregnant for 5 weeks, i lost my baby 5 weeks ago.  MAYBE i will be pregnant again in 5 weeks.  :-)
Yeah, I am so happy that you are trying after this af.  I was afraid you were going to wait until after 3 AF's.  Anyway, no af today I guess?  When do you think you will get it.  I have one more week to wait before I call my doc.
I think i will get it on February 17/18 give or take a few days.  That is according to if i ovulated this past weekend.  That would be 2 weeks later.  BUT if things continue the way they are going for me, the 2 weeks will be over before i know it.  I have lots to look foward to.  DH and I put together our wedding album this past friday.  We should get the completed package in 3 months... Just in time for our 1st anniversary 4/23.  I know, I am a slacker.  hehe.  Also, i have to make a commitment to the gym.  I am really feeling pretty nasty right now.   I am a heavy person to begin with, but i always felt better that i worked out.  I havent really done any kind of exercise since september.  I hurt my back, had physical therapy, got pg, had the surgery, and now i have no excuses.  I am excited.. I really do like workng out and now that i feel good again, i am going to GO GO GO.. yeah right.. i will probably end up on the couch watching american idol just like everyone else.. HAHAHAHA
Hey girl!! thanks for all the info. i feel better. i see my dr on fri so i think i am going to ask him to test my blood then to see what is going on. glad to hear that you will back to trying soon!!! hopefully good things will happen for all of us!!! i love the baby dust on my face comment -- great!!!:):) so do you say 4-6 weeks to get AF from the day of your d/c or from when your levels go back to normal?
Staci, I like my name Dolly ;D
Yes, I think I should get my AF on the 14th at the latest too.  Do you think I should take a HPT or do you think it's a bad idea?  I am proud of your exercise commitment.  Actually, I have been working out myself, doing TaeBo at home.  I didn't do much when I was pg since it was around the holiday, then I started prenatal yoga then I m/c.  Working out does make you feel better!

Kandm, 4-6 weeks after d&c!  So you should get your Af around the end of Feb.
9 more days till AF! Feb. 16th, i hope. then my dh and i can start ttc. it's been a long 3 months.

baby4staci--maybe you and i will conceive around the same time. that would mean our babies would be due around turkey time. that's when i was born. was so nice to my mother and made her miss thanksgiving. babydust to us and everyone!
Did you wait 3 Af's to TTC?
yes, but i was 5 months pregnant when i lost my baby. we were only going to wait 2, but i have to get a HSG and didn't fit into the schedule during my last cycle. so as long as all goes well.....
I am sure that I am not in the correct forum but I have a question that I would appreciate if someone can help answer.
How many other women, if any, have experienced a burning sesation along with pain and mild cramping in the very center of the very lower abdomen?
I am almost 7 weeks pregnant and have been dealing with this onn and off. I would have assumed that this is fairly normal but the burning sensation, I am not sure about.
I do not have a U.T.I. so I am confused.
Any help is sooo, very welcome.
Hey you!! Yeah there is like 4 of us shooting for a nov/dec/jan baby.  Me, StephD, Dollchina (dolly) :-) and Kandm.  SO now we have you too. AWESOME!! Power in numbers.  

Kandm- I think that putting a time limit on AF is going to be disappointing.  Then if it doesnt come by that date you will get upset.. So .. listen carefully to your body's signals, cm, etc.  Then, if you dont get it by 6/7 weeks, call your doctor and I am sure they will give you a shot or something to jumpstart it.
my stepkids mom NEVER wanted a girl,infact she was mad when she found out she was having a girl. so poor little brittany has never been treated the way she should have (when shes at her moms)plus the boyfriend/hubby (who knows what he is) doesnt like her either so she acts out when she is over there...when she is with us she is a doll (of course there are times i wanna kill her but shes a kid and kids drive you nuts at times) she loves me more than her own mother,i have been in her life since she was 3 almost 4 and ive always showed her love and attention which she didnt always recieve at home..as for her brother,he was unplanned but wanted because he was a boy.he loves being with us and i think he doesnt mind being at his moms but he gets really sad everytime we drop them back off,so im freaking about how he will take the news that britt gets to live with us but he doesnt... its not our choice- the mom likes him and not britt so much so she gave her up... if we could take both we would... i am 23 and have been helping take care of them since i was 17 almost 18 my hubby is older than me,hes 30.lets seee what else did you ask.... ohh yea,i think they can tell the sex around 14 weeks but the reason i said 20 is cause you typically wont have a ultrasound until 20 weeks,my apts went like this... 8 weeks ultrasound,12 wks hear heartbeat,16wks hear heartbeat,20 weeks anatamy screen- they will do a sonogram and tell you the sex if you want to know and they will measure all your babys body parts and if they are consistant to what the measurements should be for 20 wks they will leave your due date alone but if they are all measuring bigger or smaller they may change your due date accordingly. i had a 3d ultrasound done at 19 1/2 weeks so i actually found out a few days early and i got some awesome pictures of her.
wow people just baffel me.  Good luck with that all.  im glad the girl is getting out of that situation.  
I have an appointment at 16 weeks so i guess that they'll just check the heart beat, i can't wait to know what it is!  I also have to go next month to another doctor to get a "2nd ultrasound" to see if all the body parts are ok.  Im on anti-depressents so  my doc wants to make sure everything is ok
OIC.  I am sorry.  All of us can definately have a Winter BB!  I can' t wait to hear good news from all of you.  I will be happy if AF comes ;D
I've never really heard of anyone complaining of a "burning sensation."  Sorry I can't be of any help.  Have you talked to your dr yet?  I think it would be worth getting checked out just to be safe.
Baby Dust to all.  My DH and I are going to start soon also.  I just gave up breastfeeding, maybe that's why it took me over a yr to get preg, but I did have my period everymonth.  I didn't have to have a D/C, but am chng dr.s offices.  I go back to the old Dr. tomorrow with my list of questions.  We are praying for a Christmas Baby.  Sorry, I haven't logged on.  I know we are supposed to wait a mnth before we try, but we did it last week.  We do you find the abbreviations for this site?  Cramping is normal, without blood, but burning I do not know of.  My inlaws are the worst ever.  My m/i/l said I only lost a thing with a tail and my s/i/l sent baby pictures of her newborn to me 3 days after my miscar on 1/19.  I only have my mother left and she always tells me to keep the peace.  Well, I can keep the peace and stay away from them also.  Love and Peace to all & of course the numbers are multiplying for Holiday Babies:)  Baby Dust, Baby Dust, rah, rah, rah
yea some people amaze me too... im sure everything will come out just fine,ive heard that there are sertain brands of antidepressants that are fine to take while preggo,and your doc is a doc so they would know. so dont let yourself worry,make yourself excited and happy that you get a 2nd ultrasound :)     when is your courtdate? be sure to let me know how it goes.
Is anyone here pg with twins or has had twins?  If so, did the hcg numbers stand out?  How early did you find out?  Thanks ladies!!!
Tricia
hey girls! thanks so much for the info and advice! so glad you guys are here to answer the questions! you guys are motivating me to start the exercising!!! i was doing some stuff before i found out i was preg. and then was too tired and then the holidays and then the d/c!!! so i need to get back on track!!!

dollchina ~ i think taking a hpt is ok. i might still wait til Sun. i know the waiting is the hardest part!!!

staci ~ i know what you mean. i was just curious about all the time frames!!! but i am trying not to put specific times on anything. i was just going to use that as a gage to see where i was!!!
that's awesome! let's all hope that next holiday season we'll be losing weight instead of gaining. losing it b/c of the birth of our children! good luck to everyone in the next month here! here's to BFPs in March!!!!