Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Twin Pregnancy

I just found out last week that I'm pregnant with twins (about 7 wks)  I originally found out about the twins when I started bleeding bright red blood (no cramps) which has finally tapered to brownish spotting.  This has been going on now for about a week and a half.  My ob/gyn tells me not to worry and we'll do a follow up u/s in one month!  Does this sound right?  It seems like an awefully long time to recheck the u/s.  Also does anyone have any experience with spotting for this long?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!
2 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
It sounds as though the ob/gyn is not worried about what he or she saw.  If he or she was worried, and IF there was anything that could be done if a problem was identified, you would have been asked to come in sooner.  

There are a lot of incidents of bleeding in early pregnancy that have no impact on the pregnancy's outcome.  In the early stages the only thing they can have you do is to stay in bed until 24 hours after the bleeding stops.  Doctors pretty much are powerless to "heal" anything at this point in pregnancy, it's all up to the embryo(s).  

Anyway, try not to worry, your doc's lack of worry is a very good sign.  Don't torture yourself by thinking that if they did an ultrasound earlier they would somehow find something and be able to take action.  In the early days of pregnancy, there is precious little anyone (besides the embryo) can do.
161938 tn?1212172749
I bled regularly with most of my pregnancies.  I had an u/s every week from weeks 6-10.  Then every four weeks till 30 weeks.  Then every 2 weeks
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.