I am very sorry you are going through this, I will keep you in my prayers! Please keep us posted.
I am so sorry you have been given bad news! I would think one of the hardest things right now is the not knowing for sure either way and wanting to make the right decision without the "what ifs". If you can, wait another week before the D&C and that way you will have a better idea if there is any hope for heart beats. I wish I had some advice for you beyond that...I will pray for you!
Why does the doctor think you won't pass the babies naturally? Mine told me that unless it took many weeks before anything happened (and they can monitor one's platelets or something to be sure nothing bad is happening to the mommy) I would be fine if I waited to pass my babies naturally. Certainly if that is generally true for women, your doc can give you at least two weeks before getting procedure-happy. That will give you more time to come to terms with this, and to have more ultrasounds if you need them to feel sure. In my case, I had the ultrasound where I got the news, and then one more in two weeks, and by then I was convinced. And about a week and a half after that, I began to miscarry. You do have time, I would think, and it would not be unsafe. Better for you mentally, too, if you are like me. Good luck, hon.
I soooo agree w/AnnieBrooke. She nailed it. It won't hurt anything to wait. It will only provide more peace of mind and assurance for you. I choose not to have the D&C as well, and it took it's course. It wasn't fun, but it felt better knowing that I didnt' force it. It took almost three weeks to start bleeding after the baby had died. Sorry you have to experience this....
Please keep us posted. I cannot even begin to imagine your pain!!! Take care of yourself and let us know....
I'm sorry that you are going through this. I lost twins back in April. Their h/b's were not seen until I was over 7weeks pregnant.
Did the u/s show any growth to the yolk sacs? Are their fetal poles? I would wait on the D&C and ask for another u/s in a week or 1.5 weeks just to confirm there is no h/b's present so that you have a clear understanding of the situation. I'm not sure why a doctor would say that they don't think you would pass them on your own. With mine, there were h/b's but they were low and when I had my follow up u/s one of them had started to reabsorb into my body (I know that's hard to hear) but at least I knew it was over. They could also be doing HCG tests to see if the numbers are dropping.
I know this is one of the hardest things you have probably ever gone through and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.