Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Two missed periods and two negative pregnancy tests

I have always had regular Menstrual cycles right from my periods beginning when I was 11. I really need some advice and any input would be helpful.

I had a period on the 7th November and had sex twice inbetween the 14th and the 21st of November. I then had a bleed on the 25th November that was not like a normal period, it was like I was losing old blood and was a lot lighter and only lasted a few days. I have not had a period since. I did a pregnancy test on New Years eve and it showed 'Negative'.  I then did another test yeaterday and that also showed negative! I have been reading online that some women's tests do not show positive until the are approximately three months pregnant.  I am scared that there is something wrong, I hope you can understand my concern.  My breasts have all these dark purple veins around the nipples, which have never been there up until this last two weeks and they are so sore!  If I go to the doctors they will probably think I am overreacting, I just do not know what to do!

Any ideas as to what I should do or advice as to what it may be?

Try a different brand pregnancy test, maybe an early detection one.  I don't know what else to tell you than that.
Thanks for your comment!  I thought about that, but I am just too scared to do another one!  Why does our bodies do this to us?
It took me 55 days from my last menstrual period to get a positive pregnancy test. Wait a few days from the last time you tested and test again with your first mornings void. Or, just go into the doctor for a blood test. I spent so much on home pregnancy tests, it would have been cheaper if I would have went to the doctor instead...and I would have known I was pregnant sooner too. Good Luck!
I have read this alot about women not getting a positive until they are about two months along.  I rang the NHS direct helpline and the nurse just said 'oh no, the tests are quite accurate'
I am scared to go to the doctors incase they think I am being stupid, also I am terrified that they will confirm my worst fears and conclude that I am not pregnant!  But then again all this speculation is not going to change anything is it?  I guess I am just going to have to sit it out.  
From the dates when I last had sex, I would not have conceived until about the 21st November (I have not had sex since) So I will give it until the end of this month and if I still have not seen AF then I will go to the doctors.
There could be any number of things going on, including, but not limited to, pregnancy.  I don't want to scare you, but I think it would be wise to go to the doctor for some tests.  Personally, I wouldn't want to let something like this go...
Thanks for your concern and advice.  You have now got me thinking and I am going to make an appointment at the doctors tomorrow!  I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks xx