UPDATE AND QUESTION for baby hendricks born 3/9/07

Had a  wonderful labor and delivery, he is perfect.. He weighed 7lbs 9oz and his cord was around his neck :( I thought I would die when they told me that... My question is my feet and ankles are sooo swollen, besides staying off them what else can be done, I am in savere pain, thanks and also thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but CONGRATS!!!  :)
Helpful - 0
first i want to say congrats on your healthy baby boy and if you have that much swelling it may be best to talk with your doc if this is normal i wouldnt think severe pain would be.you should prob.keep them elevated.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!

When I had some swelling while pregnant, I was told to increase my protein and water intake and reduce salt.  It helped.  (I hard boiled eggs and ate at least four egg whites a day.)

Enjoy your baby!  I had mine on the 21st and she's so sweet!
Helpful - 0
a friend of mine had too much fluid administered during her delivery, it took 6 weeks for her swelling to go down :( hope yours goes down soon, and congrats on the healthy baby and delivery!
Helpful - 0
I had my little guy on 2/24/07, I was swollen too.  My water broke and labor started at the end I had pitocen to increase my contractions and labor the baby down to a lower station.  IT HURT!!!,  I had an epidural but it wore off right before pushing  ugghh.  After it was hard to pee and it felt like I had a full bladder for about 12 hrs.    If you have any questions feel free to ask???  
Helpful - 0
Oh you had your baby :-)  It comes so fast.  I am wondering if I will ever get to the end.  At 25w I feel like I still have a long way to go.  I am carrying so low and my belly is growing out and low like I have a basketball that I am carrying :-)
Helpful - 0
Congratulations.  What a blessing to hear your great news.  What a gift your little boy must be and your angel in heaven is rejoicing with you as well.

I had pitting edema and a physio told me to go up and down on my tip toes whenever I was standing still.  I also would lay down and fles and release my foot while holding my leg 6 inches off the floor.
\
I peed away 25 pounds in 4 days just doing these simple exercises.

Take care, I wish you a speedy recovery.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!    
Sorry, I don't have an answer for your question.
Helpful - 0
Yep, I was actually 10 pounds less than my prepreggers weight at my 6 week check up.  Most of what I was carrying was water and baby.

No swelling yet for this baby.  I am crossing my fingers.
Helpful - 0
congrats!!!!  

drink a ton of water.
Helpful - 0
wow!!  I hope I can pee away my weight :-)
Helpful - 0
So sorry to hear about your pain... i hope that you are feeling better.. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY!!
Helpful - 0
So happy for you.  Glad to here you are all doing well.

Congratulations.
Helpful - 0
Congartulations on your beautiful baby.  As for the swelling....it will probably go away in a few days.  Just take tylenol.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.