A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
118225 tn?1278654940

Under arm BO in an almost 2 year old???

Hey everyone. its been a while since I have posted on here, I hope everyone is doing well!!  The reason I am posting is that I have a question about my almost 2 year old DD.  Recently I started noticing that she is getting strong under arm BO....like my husband who has worked all day. She is not doing anything strenuous or sweating excessively, and she isn't doing or eating anything new.  I have only recently just noticed it, and I honestly don't think its normal.  I am planning to call the Dr. today, but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this. Thanks so much.
2 Responses
No, unfortunatly, i do think you should call the doctor, it might be a hormonal issue, something that can either be easily fixed or might need some more time.... body odor is due to (usually) puberty. Thats why i thought of a hormonal imbalance. You should definatly give the doc a call! Good luck!
144586 tn?1284666164
It is likely to be a bacterial infection under the skin.

Obtain an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as bacitracin and rub her underarms once a day for about a week.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.