Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Update forum...fell free to add...

I thought that maybe i'd run the idea by everyone to post an update thread a few times a week for the regular updates on how we're progressing. That way we can all give our simple updates and only take one post. It's just a thought...input?

Anyway, I had my Dr. appt yesterday following up from my second ultrasound.  The abrubtion seems to be doing better...and I'm finally allowed to get up and walk around.  I'm still not allowed to lift or be on my feet for extended periods of time, but at least i can get out every now and again.  And of course, i still can't have sex  :(  

But, my litte girl is doing well.  She's nice and active.  She kicked the doppler when the Dr. was trying to hear her heartbeat and then curled up into a ball all the way to my left side like she was hiding!  It was hilarious!  She doesn't like her privacy to be invaded!  lol.  

How's everyone else doing?  I'm looking forward to lots and lots of updates!!!!!!
Well, I'm glad things are going well for you other than the gallbladder issue.  If it's any consolation, My uncle had his out not that long ago...and the recovery was very fast and not very painful.  It was only a VERy small incision in his stomach.  Good luck and keep us updated!
Andi- I'm sorry..the post above was for you!

Misseltoe- I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.  I've had hgh blood pressure so far too..but i'm starting to get it under control with a low sodium diet.  And the GD is a set back.  I'm sorry.  I'm hoping everyhting turns out alright for you.  Don't feel bad for venting!  It's a stressful situation...and we're all here to help you through it the best we can!  Vent away!!!!  That's pretty much why i started this thread..to vent and tell what's been going on!  Good luck!  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Thank you for your kind words.  They mean a lot.  I just did the diabetes test on Tuesday  and then the nurse called yesterday and told me I failed and needed to get in to see the diabetes doctor right away, and I just haven' had time to process it all yet.  I was afraid I was going to fail the test, not because I feel like my blood sugar is out of control (and my diet has been really good).  I guess it was just my fear and when they told me I failed so badly that they didn't want to give me the three hour I was just shocked.  I thought I'd be given another chance to pass if I failed the one hour.  I wasn't expecting to fail so badly.  Plus, the nurse said, "You failed badly" and honestly when is it easy to hear someone tell you that you failed?  I have the appointment with the new doctor tomorrow.  I'm not looking forward to it, but atleast I'll be able to do what needs to be done.  My husband is really relieved that I took the test now.  I think he is really worried.  

I'm so happy that things are going better for you.  We're both having girls!  I was on bedrest at the start of this pregnancy, and modified after. I know how hard it can be, though I'm not in the same position as you as I'm now allowed to do most things (though no lifting).  The no sex thing was really hard for us.  I don't think it would have been an issue if we could have had sex, but once we weren't allowed to it really made a difference.  I guess the whole, "you want what you can't have" thing.   Remember that you're doing a great job of taking care of your little one.  As my husband says, "It's worth it in the end." and ain't that the truth!
Glad to hear things are going better. My update is mixed, but still good news. I am almost 34 weeks, been dealing with a gall bladder issue. I should have had it taken care of long ago, but as a mom when do I have time for that, right? I go in on Sept 27th to see the surgeon to discuss options. Most likely will end up having it taken out after i deliver. I just have to figure when I am willing to do that, I don't want to be dealing with the after effects of surgery while nursing a newborn and chasing my other boys.

Other than that, this pg has been a breeze. It is so hard to believe this pg is almost over. Given the gall bladder thing, my Ob seems to be willing to induce me at 39 weeks, possibly earlier if I start progressing before then. I think this is the one pg I am actually not all that anxious about it being over. Probably due to the fact this is our last one and things have been so great.

Time to break up the battle over the dinosaur toys...the joys of boys!!

Andi
I'm not doing well.  I just found out that I have gestational diabetes.  I went in for the one hour test, and I failed so badly that they don't want me to do the three hour.  So I get to go to a new doctor for the GD and I'm not looking forward to it.  I'm trying to stay positive, but it was a big blow.  I really wanted no interventions and now that isn't possible.  Oh, well.  I'm just a little depressed and disappointed.  It took us six years to get pregnant, and then we almost lost the baby, and now I have GD.  I just wish things could be easy for once.  My husband keeps telling me we knew that it was going to be hard, and it is true.  Things always seem to be hard for us, but sometimes I just get tired of having to fight and be strong all of the time.  And my blood pressure has been really high this whole pregnancy too.  I feel like I'm going to be pushed into interventions that I don't want. But I will do what is best for the baby. Sorry for venting.  It's just been a bad week.
Since this is open forum...just thought i would say...my extended 2ww is over. af showed her ugly face today...it was my longest cycle ever, 33 days, usually it's around 28-30!. oh well, maybe next month will be my month. Thinking about trying OPK in addition to charting. Anybody else done that and been successful?
Facere~So glad to hear that things are better. Bedrest stinks!
Yeah..the no sex thing did seem to get worse once they said i couldn't have any.  It wasn't so bad at first..i had no sex drive early in the pg anyway..but recently it came back with avengance!!!  We're not gonna complain too much..both DH and myself are very willing to do whatever is necessary to keep this little one safe!   This will be our first..and after m/c and other complications..we're so happy to have made it this far...I'm also scared to death of my GD test.  My mother was GD with me.  And it tends to run in my family.  I'm not sure if it's genetic...but we all seem to get it.  We'll see with time..and things always find a way to work out.
Luv4aila- TTC is the worst!!  I know!  Hopefully next month will be your month..  I'll Send some super sticky baby dust your way..hope it works!!!

Pearl- Thanks.  We're still waiting on some other test results...but so far we're really excited with the progress!!!!
Oh!  And here's a wierd one for you.  I somehow lost 5 pounds in 6 days!!!!  My diet hasn't changed.  Dr. seems to think it was jsut water weight.  I jsut thought it was odd.  I was so depressed about how much weight i had gained this month...and BAM! It turns out that it was probably jsut water weight anyway!!!!
I've heard of that happening to a lot of women. It's been so hot and everything I'm not surprised.   I know how depressing it can be to gain weight.  You spend your whole life trying not to gain weight and then you get pregnant and you are supposed to gain, and you do.  It can really affect one's body image.  My husband keeps reminding me that I'm supposed to gain weight, and I haven't gained a ton (10 pounds in 25 1/2 weeks), but it isn't something I'm used to especially since I started this pregnancy with weight to lose.