A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
212720 tn?1304375415

Update... sad :(

Well 13dpo today and started spotting dark brown when I wipe. Not going to bother to test as I am sure AF is on her way...  Was hopeful as temps still up this morning. I am sure they will be down tomorrow tho.
29 Responses
Oh no Kelly, I'm sorry!

Although, dark brown is "old" blood. You may still be in the running.

Take a test and quit torturing yourself.
193609 tn?1292180293
I am in agreement with wannabenana....I would test just to be sure! I am sorry to hear this though, I was thinking about you!
212720 tn?1304375415
If temp still up tomorrow I will test. Thanks ladies... :)
Best of luck! I remember how frustrated I was when ttc#2. I tortured myself every month for 5 months..I wish you the best outcome!
165078 tn?1255606407
HOPE - with my daughter I thought AF was coming - very depressed because I was not pregnant due to the spotting - I thought for sure AF was coming went out got drunk - AF stopped - I tested and BOOM I know have a 19 month old and that is how she started.  Poor thing mommy got drunk.  Doctor assured me baby would be fine that most babies are conceived that way.  PS. I had bleeding throughout my pregnancy with her.

Dont give up hope yet and take if from me - if you feel like a drink - wait hahaha
212720 tn?1304375415
LMAO, I did that with Quinn. After 9 months of trying I was so discouraged, went out on a Sat night and got drunk.  Mon I decided to test as no AF and sure enough a BFP...
150937 tn?1235943880
all of my babies were conceived with alcohol...in fact my last one was what I thought to be a 5 day hangover...It was really morning sickness combined with a hangover.
Best of luck!!!
212720 tn?1304375415
Why does that not surprise me?  LOL  :)
13167 tn?1327194124
Quinnsmomma,  do you usually spot a day or so before your period starts?  As I understand it,  that's a sign of a problematic drop in progesterone.  

Are you being treated for low progesterone already?
212720 tn?1304375415
Sometimes I do. No, I do not have low prog. Already been tested for that. It is actually common to spot 1-2 days prior to start of AF. If however you spot prior to 12 dpo that may indicate a short luteal phase and possible low progesterone level.

I worked 5 years in ob-gyn... ;)  I learned quite a bit.
150937 tn?1235943880
hahaha....  I really don't drink too much....REALLY...just when I do...there is ALWAYS a story!!!! LOL   That's why my friends enjoy partying with me, cuz, I am such a CLUTZ without alcohol, so mix a little alcohol, and voila, instant DUMB ***!
13167 tn?1327194124
quinnsmomma,  yes,  it is very common to spot 1-2 days before your period starts,  but in fact, it is a drop in progesterone earlier than your cycle would begin that causes it.  If you do this sometimes,  and sometimes not,  when they tested you perhaps you had higher progesterone that month,  and lower another month.

I do know it's common - but so are minor fertility problems.  I'm not trying to be argumentative - but if you are having unexplained infertility,  this may be something to pursue.  

Best wishes.

13167 tn?1327194124
Here you go - quick google search.  Low progesterone being the cause of spotting before period.

I researched this last year because I was experiencing this,  but I am perimenopausal (at 49) so it isn't a problem,  and the lower progesterone levels are typical of the onset of menopause.

I'm just mentioning all this because so many have unexplained infertility,  and often obvious causes are discounted.

Best wishes.

http://www.beyondfertility.com/art238.htm
212720 tn?1304375415
I understand it is a drop in progesterone that causes it. 13 years in the medical field with 5 in ob-gyn I am very well aware of those things.

I have only been ttc #2 for 1 month I an not worried that it is unexplained infertility.
212720 tn?1304375415
Thanks for the site but I already knew that info. I know u are trying to be helpful and I appreciate it.  
212720 tn?1304375415
AF is here that evil, hateful skank... LOL

Clomid already called into Walgreens and I start it on Thurs. Needed it for Quinn but hoping to not need it this time around. Was gonna try natural for a few cycles but what the heck I am not getting any younger. Might as well go for it.    

Wish me luck ladies!!
165078 tn?1255606407
hmm, funny I always have spotting before period but never had low progesterone.  They only tested me once during pregnacy while spotting and it was normal.  Thanks for the info I will ask my GYN about that after I have this baby - hopefully they can stop that annoyance.  

Quinnsmomma - Sorry - that DARN AF.  Now have a DRINK and make is a big one - I am pregnant and have not had one so you can take a double for me.  I am sure you will be pregnant in no time.  I remember when you were trying to decide if you were ready to start trying for #2 - glad you decided.  Now we will all have babies around the same age again.  I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy very soon.
212720 tn?1304375415
Thanks... I will have a few drinks for us both. LOL   Yes, I am happy we decided on ttc baby #2.  It will be quite the adventure. :)

I have no doubt that clomid will do the trick. ;)
150937 tn?1235943880
and a little alcohol helps too....j/k!!  *wink wink
((HUGS))  sorry about that skank  AF...that made me really laugh!!!

At least you can PARTY like me on New Years Eve!!!  HELLLLOOOOO HANGOVER...just not a 5 day long one for me this time....tee hee hee
212720 tn?1304375415
So true...c'mon rum and diet coke!!
118074 tn?1228329003
That's ok, party up tomorrow and try again, I am sure Clomid will worl again!  Quinn is adorable!
Awwwwwww Kelly, I'm sorry!

Bring on the clomid so the skank stays away for the next 9 months!

I'll drink right along with you! How does a double dirty martini sound? I don't have the makings for anything else.

212720 tn?1304375415
Martini sounds good to me...  Heck even a beer sounds good to me right now.
212720 tn?1304375415
Bummed, cannot start Clomid tomorrow after all.  Brown spotting yesterday stopped early and has not resumed so doc is not going to consider yesterday cd1. He wants me to wait until I start spotting red or AF actually begins...

Preg test was BFN so I know I am not preggers. :(
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.