Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
161938 tn?1212169149

Venting - 24 percent discordance - bedrest for 5 days

I am so frustrated!!  Last week I was scheduled for u/s - BUT I repeatedly called hospital and asked them to move it up so that my doc would be available if the dicordance was too much!! ( I am over a week past where I had twins last time)  They would not move it up.  Of course went Thurs and discordance is DANGEROUS!!  24 percent.  So now in order to get my doc to deliver I have to do bedrest until he works again Tuesday - Bedrest frustrates me.  Letting big baby get bigger scares me.  Chancing the little baby being in more danger after a five day wait scares and upsets me!
So we will try for vaginal delivery Tuesday - baby b IS huge and breech so we are taking a chance.  
ANY similar stories to share?
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
134578 tn?1642048000
I am unfamiliar with dicordance, but want to say that my baby was delivered by a doctor I never met until I went into labor, and he was really good.  Sometimes we don't get our own doctor, but it's worse to try to work babies around doctors' schedules in a serious situation than it is to take whatever doctor you can get and take their advice and go for it.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
210400 tn?1325380570
I just want to say good luck! My prayers are with you.
Helpful - 0
161938 tn?1212169149
Thanks
discordance means one is bigger (or smaller)  than the other
Helpful - 0
161938 tn?1212169149
thanks again ladies!
Well, now I have nausea!  I am counting down the hours!
Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
You have twins, a big discordance in growth, baby b is breech and bigger than baby A, and they're considering a vaginal delivery?

I'm not quite sure what to say about that.  Its a different sort of plan.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.