Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Vitamin D deficiency by 1 point?

Hello medhelp, I was told by my doctor that I was vitamin D deficient by just 1 point yesterday. He told me just continue taking multivitamins and that this wasn't serious. The vitamin I have been taking is centrum chewables and I have been taking then since June. In the back it says the vitamin D is 400 IU. If I continue taking this multivitamin will it help my vitamin D levels or should i switch? I also have to add that I weigh 96-97 pounds (use to be 99) and i am in my mid 20s. I eat once or twice a day. (Small meals)  I haven't been eating a lot lately.
4 Responses
I have my blood test copies and would like to post my results, but I don't know the tests name for the vitamin D.
4484425 tn?1384228334
I would continue to take the vitamin you are and just add a glass of milk or serving of yogurt to what you eat daily. You should really be eating 3-5 times a day. This is important to keeping your blood sugar from crashing. They can be just small meals/snacks consisting of 100-300 calories but your body needs to be fueled throughout the day.
Thanks for responding. I will definitely take your word and eat more and add more diary products in to my diet. :)
4484425 tn?1384228334
You're welcome. Happy to help.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.