Wednesday Open Forum

Have a good day!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Any word on how things went with ateague yesterday?
Helpful - 0
Hi I am new to your forum - I have a story and I cant get information anywhere else.

I had a m/c on the 5th of this month and I do believe that I ov bet CD8-CD11. I also had pain in my RS abdomen on CD 6...  I had positive opk and fertile CM and also CP was high. We BD on CD 7-8-9. And since CD 10 I have the most painful soreist BBS I have ever had, like cramping and shooting pains, and heaviness.. I am also having to urinate every 2 hours, even when I dont drink. I had pain and cramping in my abdomen-low center, for the week of CD11-CD17. CP is high again and sticky/a little thick. I am on CD19 right now (Nove 23) I dont know If I have really bad PMS since my m/c or what. But, I will add to this I started taking Vitex on CD3 and also b6 and b12, and raspberry tea. Tell me did I ovulate? MY CP was high CD 7-11. It dropped and then went back up on CD 17. I am soooooo confused. And My BBS hurt so bad.... I have never had this kinda pain before, Is this what the cycle is supposed to feel like? I only started keepin track this month, because I wanted to know when to BD... But, I am so confused.
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry that you m/ced. Your dates and everything kind of confused me.  I just wanted to say that I think you should consider BBT/CM charting.  That's going to be the best way to confirm that you O.  Also, do you know why you had the m/c?  Charting will let you know the length of your LP and whether it is long enough, and it may also show whether you have low progesterone.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
They did not tell me anything as to why. The doctor was very nice but he told me that there is a 25-30% chance of M/C at my age. I am just barely 36. Never had any probs before. I am going to start charting after this month... But I am so confused about this PMS thing. If I have it - it is the worst. I have never had it before. I am 24/25 day cycle and 1 day on and oneday off and one day on. Like clock work... I had bleed fo 1 full day of m/c. A little the day after. Then the nightmare month started... My BBS hurt so bad..
Helpful - 0
im sorry annebelle i dont know anything about your situation.

i just wanted to say yaaaaaaaayyyyy i get a 4 day weekend after today yaaaaaayyyy.
today is my stepsons birthday he is 8, so were having a birthday party after work.yummm pizza. then tomorrow i get to sleep in :) while my mother in law prepares a wonderful yummy dinner.
Jaysienna Laelyne- i have been chuggin' along with this pregnancy- i know what you mean im almost 22 weeks.this is my first.i dont feel ivy move very often,but i know shes active from the 2 ultrasounds i had over the last 2 weeks (one anatamy screen,one 3d).

i love the holidays-i love the snow-i love the christmas music:)

happy thanksgiving to all of you!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I haven't experienced a m/c so I don't personally know what your body goes through.  My guess is that it could just be PMS.  I've had more than one cycle when I thought I was pregnant b/c my breasts were sore and they usually are  not.  Well, here I am in my 5th month of TTC.  Sometimes my breasts are sore, sometimes they are not.  All I know is that now I don't assume every little "symptom" means my BFP is on its way.  I do hope you are able to figure out what is going  on.  Keep us posted on your situation.
Helpful - 0
all of you have a wonderul day and a wonderful thanksgiving holiday as well. i have been chuggin' along with this pregnancy, today i am 14 weeks, 1 day. i still have not felt any movement as far as the baby. i have not had any more bleeding episodes, so that's reassuring that all will be fine. anyways, when do you start feeling movement? this is my 4th child and they say that with each consecutive pregnancy that you feel movement sooner? when did all of you feel baby flutter for the first time. for some reason i cannot remember when i felt my boys for the first time. thanks ladies.

----sienna
Helpful - 0
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!
Helpful - 0
I bet you'll be feeling little flutters any day.  Glad to hear all is well.  Have a great Thanksgiving!  And remember, you're eating for two, what a great excuse!
Helpful - 0
Hi!  I am 18 weeks now with my first baby and I felt little flutters during my 15th week.  :)  Hope that helps and I'm sure you'll start to feel it soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Helpful - 0
I finally found someone that loves the holidays as much as me!! My dh and everyone always pick on me for loving Christmas music so much!! :) I love the snow too, just got about an inch last night! It's only an inch but I love it!!
Helpful - 0
I first really started feeling this one around 17 weeks.  I had felt little flutter since 11 weeks but nothing major.  She is not as active as her brother was!

I'm glad you haven't had any more bleeding.  I was a little worried after my episode that I would have a period again at 16 weeks.  I did not.  Is this baby implanted on the same side the last one was?  They thought with me I had a period becuase this one is implanted on the other side than my first one was.

Welcome to the second Trimester!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
wow you love it too :)  i know what you mean about the teasing my dh always cringes when he hears christmas music-i on the other hand,love it and know probably every song out there:) there is a local music station thet started playing it 24/7 right before halloween so thats the only station that my car has heard in a month:) i joke with my husband that the baby will come out singing christmas songs cause shes around it so much. yay you got a inch of snow:) cool! i live in the bay area california so i dont get snow- but we drive to the mountains (about 2 1/2hrs) alot, my parents have a cabin in the sierras and i cant wait to go see the snow!!!
Helpful - 0
I finally have a moment to get online to update everyone!  Well, doc looked again yesterday and still didn't see anything!  (This time, he only looked for 45 seconds, I counted!)  Frustrated and scared, he sent us to the hospital for a vaginal u/s.  I called my mom and she was frantic, so I had to calm her down while we were in the waiting room for an hour.  The doctor brought us in and the second he touched the equipment to my stomach, the little baby appeared!!!  Perfect, normal, and a strong heart beat!  180 bpm, is that high?  Well, the tech. said my doctor was probably looking too high and the hospital's equipment is much more sensitive and advanced than the doctor's.  Long story short, everyone's relieved and I want to thank all of you for keeping my feet grounded during this nerve-racking time.  It kinda' makes me mad that the doc doesn't have better equipment.  It would've saved me the worry and stress if he would've spent the extra money and got a better u/s machine.  Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Anna
Helpful - 0
YAY!!!!  Great news!!! I would consider getting a new OB!  

According to old wives tales on baby heart beats, you are having a girl!  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Carlye
Helpful - 0
Anna
I am happy that everything is good with you and the baby!
Springbaby
We have two stations that started playing Christmas music last week, but I have to wait til after thanksgiving to really get into it!! Friday is decoration day, I kick DH out of the house and go nuts!! :)
Helpful - 0
So happy that everything worked out!!!  I was starting to worry because you hadn't posted anything!  Congrats!!!
Helpful - 0
Glad to hear everything is going well.  Hopefully that was the worst of your pregnancy worries!
Helpful - 0
Yeah, I don't have internet at home, so the only time I can get on is at work.  I hope this is the most of my worries with this preg., but chances are it will be something else.  I've considered getting another OB, but I like my doc., so hopefully everything else goes fine with him.  I've heard most docs don't do the u/s themselves, they send you to a tech at the hospital or somewhere else.  We'll see how he does with the rest of this pregnancy, if he is terrible, I'll be sure to switch at least for the next one.  Thank you all again!
Helpful - 0
Great news that everything went well. I would not let your OB even attempt to perform another u/s on you as it's too much stress. It is, however, quite typical of u/s machines in a lot of docs offices.

Anna, in my opinion you're having a girl! A heart rate over 140 usually indicates girl (according to the old wive's tales) and with my DD it was always above 150- every single appointment! Are you planning on finding out?
Helpful - 0
msQ
What state do y'all live in.  I'm in Southern Californ and it is in the 80's - 90's durng the day.  The Country Musice Radio Station I listen to,  Monday starting playing only Christmas music until Christmas. They said without the music we may forget it is Christmas because it still feels like Summer.
Helpful - 0
Well, at least the stress is off.  If I were you though I wouldn't let him do the u/s next time - this is a time in your life when you don't need the added stress.  My OB always sent me to an actual u/s technician - all 3 times I've needed one - leave it to the people who do this all day every day!  

Heart rate sounds like your having a girl ;)

Meg
Helpful - 0
I started feeling this one right around 14-15 weeks. But it was just very occasional movements. It still isn't regular, but I do feel the baby much more now at 18 weeks..

BTW My U/S is in 5 days... Im getting so excited...
Helpful - 0
I live in Wisconsin, it's supposed to be WINDY and 20 tomorrow!
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.