Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Weight

Hey I mayhave  mentioned this before  --
How much do (for the ones who have their babes) they weigh?
ds is 4 months at 14 lbs  a man came to our house last night (surveying) and says how old is your baby? I said 4 months he says are you sure! I said yes why, Oh he is a big boy for his age
I think Im starting to get a complex!
Arent they suppose to double their weight in the first so many months or is this just another tale? Or are boys naturally bigger (I really dont think he looks big)
Babies triple their birth weight by 1 year of age, so he might be a little big for his age, but not that much.
I have had all kinds of comments made as well about my little chunk.  He is 20lbs and just 6 months old.  He was 17 lbs 11 oz at his 4 month checkup so I do not think you have anything to worry about.  He was 8 lbs 10 oz at birth.  I do think boys tend to be bigger because my DD was actually a little bigger at birth than my DS but it took her 9 or 10 months to get to 20 pounds.  Hope you feel better now.  You just got yourself a healthy boy and don't let anyone make you feel bad if he is a little on the chunky side.
Carrigan goes back to the Dr. for her 4 month shots on Tues. She already weighs 16lbs, so don't feel bad! She is just a very good eater and  very cute with her little rolls.
i think when some people say they are big they aren't neccessarily speaking of their weight.  sometimes they are talking about how long the baby is.  
my sister told me that on average babies double their birth weight by 6 months...so depending on how big he was when he was born he doesn't sound to terrible far off of that.

besides, men always over guess....i had some man look at dd when she was 6 weeks and guess that she was 6 months...ok she wa only about maybe 9lbs tops at 6 weeks so you can't tell me she actually LOOKED like a 6 month old.
~nanci
Ok now you guys are making me feel like a bad mother. With Michael only weighing 20lbs and is 16 months old, but he did only weigh 5.8 when he was born. Now I have the complex.
Cody was 7.1 at birth
Susie Q Im sure your a wonderful mother, Just dont have a chunky monkey  as one post had said.
My oldest son (10) was always skinny too. But they are both tall.
My niece is 2 1/2 and weighs about 25 pounds.  I thought that was normal.  Although, my cousin's little girl is 1 and weighed 23 pounds when she was 9 months.  I am sure it just depends on the baby.  None of you have anything to worry about.  I love bigger babies.....wait, I like other people who have bigger babies.  I dont want my little guy to be big until AFTER he is born.  OUCH!
Is this your first baby?  
Whats new at the office today?
Yes, this is my first and he is making life uncomfortable nowadays.  I am leaving the office at 1 (10 min) today so I can put my feet up and lay down.  My feet are numb and FAT!!!  I actually think I am swollen from my toes to my knees.  I told my DH i was going to go home and put my feet up so the swelling would go down and they would not hurt when we were at the mall tonight.  Priorities ladies.
My little 4 month old monster is 15.8lbs, he was 8.2 ay birth.  He hasn't been for his 4 month shots and check up yet but at 2 months they said he was spot on everage weight so I will let you know how he goes next week!
Hey your back, Missed ya  seems like forever
I was just thinking of you today and wondering
if all is well.
Babe sounds like he is doing well to!!