Welcome to the Maternal/Child Community! Please take a moment to read before posting.
For those who don't know me, I'm Peekawho, and have accepted the challenge of being the CL of the Maternal/Child Community! It's a big group, and a wonderful opportunity to try to bring everyone together to share ideas, questions, suggestions, and frustrations.
I'm an RN who has worked for over 30 years in the areas of both high and low risk Labor and Delivery. I've done some post partum/newborn care, but my first love and area of expertise is Labor and Delivery and pregnancy care, in general. I continue to work full time in this clinical area.
Feel free to post any question relating to any of the topics stated at the top of the page, or anything to do with maternity or infant/child issues. I don't have all the answers; but I'll do my best to help find information for you, or to direct your question to another forum where there are people or experts who might be better suited to answer.
There is a HUGE membership in this Community…of mothers and others who may have a particular viewpoint or helpful insight for you. Take advantage of all the collective wisdom contained in this awesome Community!
I'd like to take a moment to address a couple of things, to help us get off to a good start.
1. Oftentimes there are posts asking the question, "Am I Pregnant?". Unfortunately, no one can accurately answer this question for you online. This posted question will likely get just a few brief responses such as, "Take a pregnancy test". If you want to know if you are pregnant and need further advice, please see the Health Page on this very subject.
2. I'd like us to all be respectful of everyone who posts. If you strongly disagree with a member's viewpoint, it's fine to share your opinion, but be mindful of others while doing so.
3. Be sure to check out the new Baby Page feature, the first in a series of Med Help Personal Pages. The Baby Page lets members with very young children share not only their health and growth progress, but lets them share individually created photo albums and birthday tickers.
Members can easily import email addresses to share exciting moments with aunts, uncles, grandparents, or any family member!
How to create a Baby Page
* Go to My MedHelp
* Next to the Summary tab, you'll see a tab with a "+" in it
* Hover over the + and click Baby Page
* Walk through the wizard
* Set up any applications you didn't already have (e.g. About Baby)
4. I would also like to point you to the ' Trackers' that you can add to your profile. You can add them to your profile by clicking on "My MedHelp" (top) and then go to the Tracker Widget -- At the bottom of the Tracker Panel click on "Add Tracker" which will take you to the tracker page, where you can select many Trackers to help you. Ovulation, pregnancy, mood, and weight trackers are available, just to mention a few. Please be watching as Med Help adds new ones.
5. Take a look at the Health Pages, located at the top right of the main forum page. If you have particular expertise in a Maternal/Child subject, feel free to create one of your own, or add to an existing Health Page.
6.. Have fun! Lets get creative from time to time. If there are things you all want to see or do, please let me know. If you think of a good way to reorganize this giant, ever-growing Community, I'd love to hear about it.
hear about it.