Women's Health: Postpartum Community

What are the symptoms of RSV?

A teacher that I work with has a baby in the hospital with RSV.  She emailed that if  you baby has a cough with no fever, please take them to get checked for RSV.  My DD is 6 months old and has had a chronic cough for a long time.  It seems to get better and then starts all over again.  I have taken to the doctor for it three times, the last time a week ago today.  Everytime they check her really good and say it is just drainage from a cold.  She has not had any fever and feels good.  Last night her cough seemed a little worse, but she still feels great.  I am just a paranoid parent and freaked out when I got that email.  I don't want to go back to the doctor for nothing.  They have never even mentioned RSV to me, so that makes me think she doesn't have the other sypmtoms.  I just don't know what the other symptoms are.  Does anyone know what to look for?
RSV is a very serious complication with children under the age of 2, but it can affect anyone. It is a severe upper respiratory infection. If you've taken her to get checked out she has a clean bill of health, trust your docs! They take RSV very seriously.

My newborn niece had RSV. She had a rattly cough in her lungs and had to have breathing treatments.

Remember, colds and coughs are normal for babies and young children because their immune system is building up immunities to those types of viruses and bacterias. Not every sniffle, cough, or sneeze warrants a rush to the hospital. If your DD is just coughing every now and then and has a runny nose, she probably just has the common cold.

But if she is wheezing, her lungs sound rattly, has trouble breathing, she needs to be seen ASAP!
She sounds rattly to me, that is why I have taken her in 3 times.  They keep saying that it is just in her nose, it just sounds like her chest. After she coughs, the rattling stops.  I think she just doesn't know how to get the phlem up.  I am just wondering if a cold can turn into RSV of do they have to be exposed to it directly?
Has your doctor tested for RSV?  I believe it's a mucus test and it takes a couple days to get results.  It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.
My four year old was just diagnosed with rsv. The doctor did a swab of her nose and sent it off. We were told the results within 30 minutes. I am nervous because I have a one year old also and she has now started coughing, sneezing, and has snot running from her nose. Do you think she has it also?