What are your favorite songs/lullabys?

I thought it would be fun to share what our favorite songs and lullabies are that we sing to our babies.

For Jameson, I sing, "Miracle" by Celine Dion. (by the way, if any mother has never heard this song, you have GOT to hear it)

I also sing, "You'll be in my heart" from Tarzan (by Phil Collins)
Also, "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon. And also that little song--"You're my honey-bunch sugar plum pump-e-ump-e-ump-kin...etc" (don't know the actual title.)

Those are our favorites. Tell us yours
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My daughter's name is Eliza Byrd, and her nickname is Byrdie, so her favorite bedtime song is "My Byrdie Lies Over the Ocean."  I can sing it in my sleep now, and often do!  
When we wake in the morning, I sing to her "Good Day Sunshine" by the Beatles.  Her papa sings "I'm Only Sleeping" instead.  
I love "I See the Moon" (traditional tune I guess) and "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins.  But the tried and true, amuse the baby and get her to stop crying no matter what tune is "Trilobite" by Robyn Hitchcock... in particular, the chorus "Trilobite right, Dwight's in the Lite Bite, trilobite right in the Lite Bite Dwight."  She LOVES the rhyming and starts laughing every time.
Helpful - 0
My dd favorite is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star but I always sing the alphabet to her too.  She is now 10 months old and can sing it with me up to the letter B.  She will go A, B. and then mumble the rest.  She also says E for her name Eva.

Of course Here comes Peter Cottontail too.
Helpful - 0
I always sing Hush Little Baby to Avery. My mom always sang it to us and now I sing it to my daughter.
Helpful - 0
Oh I forgot to add I sometimes sing Hush Little Avery instead of Baby because it fits and of course I thought it sounds cute. Corny I know....lol
Helpful - 0
I don't think it is corny! I personalize any song that can be, for Jameson too.
Like in "Beautiful Boy"--at the end, John Lennon sings, "Darlin' Darlin' Darlin' Darlin Shaun."  Well I sing Darlin' Jameson.
He smiles so big!
Helpful - 0
I have never heard Miracle. Is it a new song?
Helpful - 0
Its not really new, probably a few years old.She sang it for her son when he was a baby.
You can hear it on You Tube--type in Celine Dion miracle and watch the one that says tony video version. It is so beautiful. Listen to the words closely. Wow i cry every time.
Helpful - 0
Thanks, I will check it out later!
Helpful - 0
I;ve looked up the lyrics for the song "miracle" by Dion.  I love her songs in general.

You're my life's one miracle
Everything I've done that's good
And you break my heart with tenderness
And I confess it's true
I never knew a love like this 'til you
You're the reason I was born
Now I finally know for sure
And I'm overwhelmed with happiness
So blessed to hold you close
The one that I love most
Though the future has so much for you in store
Who could ever love you more

The nearest thing to heaven
You're my angel from above
Only God creates such perfect love
When you smile at me I cry
And to save your life I'd die
With a romance that is pure in heart
You are my dearest part
Whatever it requires
I live for your desires
Forget my own
Your needs will come before
Who could ever love you more

There is nothing you could ever do
To make me stop loving you
And every breath I take
Is always for your sake
You sleep inside my dreams
And know for sure
Who could ever love you more
Helpful - 0
Thanks for posting those lyrics. Aren't they beautiful? And it's such pretty music too. I cry every time I hear this song or sing it. Every mother needs to hear this song.
Helpful - 0
I love the song baby.  It's the one from Dumbo, where the mommy elephant is singing to dumbo and swinging him in her trunk when she was caged.  It makes me cry just thinking about it...anyway, I'm such a sucker.  But that song was used for my 3d-4d ultrasound video as well.  It's my favorite.
Helpful - 0
I LOVE that song too!! And your'e not the only sucker--I ALWAYS cry about that too. Mrs. Jumbo sticking her trunk out of the cage, trying to hold and rock her little baby as best she can. It's so sad. Now I'm teary-eyed, I told ya!
I always sang that to one of my DD's--she says it's "HER song"
Have you heard the version that Allison Krauss sings? It's really pretty too.
Helpful - 0
hmm, when edward was a newborn, he loved "Ba Ba Blacksheep" and i sang it over and over to get him through car rides (which he hated) and "Do you know the Muffin Man", except i would change it to "Munchkin Man" b/c thats my nickname for him...munchkin...and at the part that says "who lives on drewry lane", i would say "who lives on snapper ave." (the name of our street...haha)

my favorite to sing to him was "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and he loooved that. he would smile so big. awww, i get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. he's such a big boy now.

anyway, nowadays, he likes "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and the Alphabet (he always claps at the end) and at bedtime, i always sing "Hush Little Baby", my moms all time favorite lulluby and she passed it on to me. i think i've changed the lyrics over time though, but he still loves it anyway. he puts his head on my shoulder and goes "awwww baaaaby". too cute!
Helpful - 0
I love the one called Good night......It's really pretty in german

Here's the chorus

Good night Good night my pretty dear
Sleep well my hearts delight
Good night Good night mu pretty dear
sleep well my hearts delight
Helpful - 0
Yes, that's the one that was used for my ultrasound.  It's so beautiful.  You made me teary-eyed too.  That part chokes me up, and he has tears streaming down his face as he knuzzles up to his mommy.  Let me stop because I'm going to have a breakdown here at work.  I swear Disney movies are the worst.  I cry at them all.  Why do the parents always die or get separated from their children?  So depressing.  
Helpful - 0
I know!! Bambi is horrible too!! My mom says when she took me to that movie as a little girl, I cried so hard when Bambi's mom got killed that we had to leave! And I have never watched it again to this day.
Helpful - 0
Yep same thing here to.  I still haven't seen it again because of that reason.  My mom won't watch it either.  I think Walt Disney had issues with his parents...lol.
Helpful - 0
a song that i still sing to the girls when they are tired is

"the sand man comes, the sand man comes"
"he brings such pretty snow white sand, for all the kids across the land, the sand man comes" and it has more versus but i cant think of them :)

One that i loved when i was little that i sing too is puff the magic dragon
Helpful - 0
I would sing''you are my sunshine'' while pregnant to all my kids.Now Juliana 8 months loves it! I rock her & snuggle to it.
Helpful - 0
THAT WAS MY FIRST SONG TOO. IT WAS THE SONG MY MOM SANG TO ME. AND THE FIRST SONG I EVER LEARNED. I CANT WAIT TO SING IT TO MY LITTLE LANDON. 3 MORE MONTHS TO GO!!!
Helpful - 0
My daughter Savanna is 2 1/2. She loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, You are my Sunshine, and of course the Barney song!lol
Helpful - 0
I'm gonna bump this, because as sappy as this sounds...I like picturing all these cute babies being sung their little songs. SO I want to hear from some more mommys what songs they sing to their babies.
Helpful - 0
i have a cd that was given to me its metallica songs that are done in lullaby form.  sounds odd but its great addison calms right down everytime, its lots of bells and its actually very relaxing.  i heard there is another cd done this way to the greatful dead too lol
Helpful - 0
anyone watch tiger and pooh twinkle twinkle little lump my son loves it
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.