Women's Health: Postpartum Community

What's Next?/ OPEN FORUM

I wouldn't normally post for this, but I am curious, and since there isn't an outpour of questions, I thought I would be safe.  Feel free to use as an open forum too, just in case.  Anyway, I went off the pill in May and haven't had AF yet...nothing, not even spotting.  2 months ago, took provera to jumpstart...nothing happened.  Dr said I had normal levels, but on the lower end of estrogen, and I needed to stop exercising to get AF.  Did that for two months, still nothing.  I feel like **** all the time, could put money on AF coming, but chart shows no O, have taken preg tests...still nothing.  I am supposed to start Provera again at the end of this week so I can tell my dr when I go in 4 weeks if anything happened.  My DH is 37 (I'm 24) and we've only been trying for 6 months now.  Well, if you can even call it trying when there's no O.  I had a bunch of tests done and everything else looks good. I started exercising again and feel better (I never thought that was real reason), but still nothing.  We want kids soon, and DH isn't getting any younger, but will the dr wait until it's been a year to try anything?  Oh yeah, and DH has a tumor on his pituitary, which is screwing up his testosterone levels...he's went to an RE and has been on meds for it so we can have better chances of conceiving.  What do I ask when I go for an appt and should I even do the provera? I hate pumping myself with stuff....Thanks everyone. I just want answers or explanations....it's frustrating as I'm sure many of you know!  Baby dust to all!
didn't realize that I used a "bad" word...wow....highly sensored...sorry about that
I was on Depo Provera (the shot) until Nov 04, when I was suppose to go for my next one.  But it was screwing my body up I opted for BCP's and took them until Aug 05 when Hubby and I decided TTC.  Well I never had a period after stopping BCP's so I was given Provera in Dec 05 and got a period...well in Jan same thing no period so I took Provera again...and got a period. The end of Feb I found out I was pregnant. Many women take provera and then clomid.
Some Dr's wait a year before they will refer you to a fertility specialist.  But its always worth asking...each dr is different, and they might just try clomid to get you to O.  
It might even be worth mentioning about hubby and RE to your dr.  She what he/she thinks about your chances of conceiving now.  But if Provera didnt jumpstart your period maybe it wasnt a strong enough dose? What mg did you take? I took 10mg once a day for 5 days.
Sorry I couldnt be much more help...just wanted to share my experience with provera.
Thanks for sharing:)  I did it 10 mg once a day for 7 days.  She did a transvaginal ultrasound and my lining was as thin as it would be if I had my AF two days prior to that.  It wasn't building up because of the lower estrogen.  It's just frustrating that they won't do anything for a year....I could see if I were having a period, but it's just wasting time I think.  Oh well, I guess my DH will be 40 when we have our first....lol...poor guy:)  So RE is not an option this early in the game?  And is Clomid considered part of the 1 year wait?
Heck with waiting for a year!! After 6 months of trying I went ahead and saw an infertility spec on my own w/out my OB's knowledge. Also helped that I have a PPO ins plan and did not need a referral. If you want to seek out a specialist now I say go for it.
I feel prescripions all the time for clomid from regular OB/GYN's so I dont think its a 1 year wait.  Plus we have medcaid people that get clomid all the time.
I agree with Harley if you dont want to wait 6 more months.  And since your not having AF and your Dr isnt doing anything to find out why I would suggest seeing the specialist.