A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
179647 tn?1205354236

When do you stop bleeding after D&C

Hey everyone.  Does anyone know how long it takes to stop bleeding after a D&C.  I had my D&C on February 1st and I am not really bleeding but more spotting brown (tmi)and just a litte each day, but enough to have to wear something.  Just wondering if this is ever going to stop.  The doctor told me I would only bleed for a couple of days!!  Baby dust to all!!
10 Responses
I dont remember it lasting long, but I had a period 4 weeks later and missed the next one bc I was pregnant.  I pray for you and give you my best in this difficult time.
I had red spotting for 4 or 5 days after the D&C, then brown spotting up until day 10.  Finally back to normal!
i guess everyone is different i had my D&C Jan 6th i  bled for like 2 days and just yesterday  i got my AF..so stay put and good luck!!!
178239 tn?1277409091
I had d&c 1/4 bled for about a week, spotted off & on depending on exercise level after that. Af 2/6.
159354 tn?1286371288
I didn't really bleed after mine.  Spotted for a few days...like 3.  Then it stopped for 3-4 days and I started to spot again for 2 more days.

If your bleeding is going past 10 days and you are not feeling well....fever, etc.  I think the dr should see you.
177663 tn?1213570387
I has d/c on 1/9 at 9 weeks and bleed for 1 week then spotted off and on for 2-3 weeks I did not think it was ever going to sto,then nothing for 3-4 days then af came this wed.So I think it depends on how far along you are and if it is natural or d/c.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.