Worried

I just found out I was pregnant a couple days ago, but haven't been to a OBGYN yet. I'm scared because I've been having mild cramps in my left side for about three days now, but no bleeding. The cramps feel like gas but I'm not sure what it is. I also thought that you aren't supposed to cramp, that cramping is a sign for a miscarriage. What should I do?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Cramping is pretty normal, but if you are really scared, you could certainly call your doctor for advice.
Helpful - 0
im 5.3 weeks pregnant now iv got cramping also but its very normal it could be a number of things. one sided aches can be from a cyst on ur ovary from when you ovulated in early pregnancy the cyst produces hormones to keep the pregnancy healthy until the placenta takes over! also it could be bloating or gas, sometimes pregnancy can cause you to get constipated so that can make you uncomfortable and also ur uterus is growing so it may cause discomfort! iv had many miscarriages and normally the 1st sign i get is spotting with cramps! mention it to ur dr but im sure it just normal growing pains :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you both soooo much, i always worry ever since i found out i was pregnant. I'm trying to practice deep breathing to calm myself down, and now the cramps are gone so i feel better.
Helpful - 0
well the bleeding and cramping got worse and i'm going crazy waiting for an answer. i'm going to see my ob tomorrow
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.