Wyatt Xander has arrived..............!!!

Hi all,
Sorry to have been MIA this long...........
Wyatt was born on 13 Oct at 11:27am.
He was 7 pounds 11 ounces
19 1/2 inches long
I went to the doctor for a regular appt on the 12th and she stripped my membrane.......the following morning around 1am I woke up with very regular but not so painful contractions.
I got my 10 year old off to school, got a shower, woke and fed my 16 month old.......by this time the contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart but still not very painful.
I headed into L&D. Got there around 9:30am and was dilated to a 3 with a bulging bag of water.
They monitored me for a bit and then asked me if I wanted to go walk around but they didn't want me to leave the hospital since Talon came so quickly. Before I could actually get up and do some walking my contractions got more painful and upon another exam I was dilated to a 5.
Doc decided to come in and break my water (since it was already bulging) and go ahead and admit me.
I was admitted around 10:30am and my water broken. The very next contractions was awful......
I asked for an epidural around 11am but by the time they got my blood work back from the lab I was wanting to push. Another labor and delivery with no epidural for me......NOT FUNNY!!!
Doc came in, took one look and said....."Oh, look, a head"......
I pushed about 4 times and he was here......they all called him the 'town crier'....lol....he does have a set of lungs.
So in reality I was only in "labor" or what they consider 'active labor' for about an hour.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the world little Wyatt!!  Sweet dreams and happy eating!!!
Helpful - 0
mgi
congratulations
Helpful - 0
congaratulations! I feel your pain about intense  heavy pain of natural childbith! I had my daughter 10 yrs. ago, naturally, and I have never forgotten the intense pain! So much pain I could never describe to anyone how bad. They didn't understand. My baby was 9 lbs. 5 ounces!! Whopper I tell u! I thought I would die pushing her out. But once agian as you said, IT WAS ALL WORTH IT! She is a healthy beautiful 10 yr. old. She brings us nothing but joy. So enjoy your new baby ! Such a blessing.!
Helpful - 0
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I'm so glad he's here safe and sound.  We've been waiting for you to come back!
Helpful - 0
Congrats! What wonderful news. And a great name!
Helpful - 0

But let me tell you, it was an intense labor and pushing out a 7pound 11ounce baby with no pain meds at all was very painful.
I tore upwards again but this time I tore straight up the center....lots and lots of pain.....still today 17 days later I'm still in a lot of pain from time to time.
Of course he is well worth it all!!!
Talon isn't sure what to think......when Wyatt nurses (which he does beautifully since he was about 30 minutes old) Talon has to get a book and climb up into the recliner with us so we can all read......it is SOOO cute. He always wants to touch the baby but has a habit of poking instead of touching softly. I'm doing my best to make sure he doesn't feel left out and make sure he still gets lots of attention and mommy time. I also try to be the one that puts him to bed at night since that is who he wants.
Having them this close together is difficult but again, well worth it.
I don't think I've gotten more than 30 hours sleep (all interrupted) in the past 17 days....lol
Dh took a week off to help out but he is now back at work (nights)
Well, I just wanted to update everyone and let ya'll know that all is well here but that I just have NO time to read my e-mails or check the forums....Hope I haven't missed much!!!
Hugs,
Vikki
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.