Women's Health: Postpartum Community

X-Rays during First term

I just foudn out that I'm 4 wks pregnant and I had dental surgery done last week. Before the surgery i had to have X-Rays done, my DDS asked if I was pregnant before he did them but I never suspected it untill just this week and took the test, Although i'm very thrilled about beign pregnant I'm worried sick that all the x-rays done to my jaw and the fat that i was anesthesized during the surgery coudl have negative effects to my unborn child.

Any information you can give me would help. Also I was on anit-biotics and two froms of pain killers for three days. apo-amoxocilin, acet-codeine + Empracet w/  codeine.

Concerned Mom,
Pincourt QC Canada
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much.  The pregnancy is still very, very early in development, and it's basically just cell division and placenta formation during the point when you had your X-rays.  There is nothing that can be done now, so try not to stress.  Chances are, nothing bad will come of it.  Just avoid them from now on.  Take care and good luck to you!!
I found this online :

Are all x-rays safe?
Not all X-rays are the same, but most pose little exposure to the uterus and developing fetus. With dental x-rays there is hardly any exposure to anything but the teeth.

X-ray examinations on the arms, legs, or chest do not expose your reproductive organs to the direct beam. However with x-rays of the torso such as the abdomen, stomach, pelvis, lower back and kidneys there is more chance of exposure to the uterus.

Thanks Guys!