Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

X-Rays during First term

I just foudn out that I'm 4 wks pregnant and I had dental surgery done last week. Before the surgery i had to have X-Rays done, my DDS asked if I was pregnant before he did them but I never suspected it untill just this week and took the test, Although i'm very thrilled about beign pregnant I'm worried sick that all the x-rays done to my jaw and the fat that i was anesthesized during the surgery coudl have negative effects to my unborn child.

Any information you can give me would help. Also I was on anit-biotics and two froms of pain killers for three days. apo-amoxocilin, acet-codeine + Empracet w/  codeine.

Concerned Mom,
Pincourt QC Canada
3 Responses
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much.  The pregnancy is still very, very early in development, and it's basically just cell division and placenta formation during the point when you had your X-rays.  There is nothing that can be done now, so try not to stress.  Chances are, nothing bad will come of it.  Just avoid them from now on.  Take care and good luck to you!!
I found this online :

Are all x-rays safe?
Not all X-rays are the same, but most pose little exposure to the uterus and developing fetus. With dental x-rays there is hardly any exposure to anything but the teeth.

X-ray examinations on the arms, legs, or chest do not expose your reproductive organs to the direct beam. However with x-rays of the torso such as the abdomen, stomach, pelvis, lower back and kidneys there is more chance of exposure to the uterus.

Thanks Guys!
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.