Yellow dicharge during pregnancy

I started having a yellow discharge and vaginal itching during pregnancy at about 36 weeks along my OBGYN said it was a yeast infection and prescribed medication the discharge went away then about a week after i finished the medication i started having yellow discharge and itching again...could this be another yeast infection? why does it keep returning and what can i do to prevent it? also could i have been misdiagnosed could this be something more serious? I am scared for the health of my unborn baby.
Best Answer
this is a yeast infection but unfortunately in pregnancy you are more prone to reacurrent infections get some more anti-biotics from your doctor and take them also get some natural yoghurt and coat your private area with it esp in the places it itches maybe before a bath try and leave it on for at least half hour as the longer its on the quicker the good bactreria gets to work on the infection sounds weird i know but it works trust me ive done it with all 5 of my pregnancys
hope this has helped x
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
no probs noone believes me when i say it but its true it actually works lol xxx
Helpful - 0
thanx so much and yes the yogurt worked wonders you are awesome thank you
Helpful - 0
Most likely it is another yeast infection. Best thing to do is go back and see your doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.