Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Your experiences with when pregnancy symptoms appeared?

I am a worry wart and 5 weeks pregnant. At 4 weeks when I found out I was pregnant, I felt really tired and somewhat sick. Then it got a lot better and I'm not too terribly tired or nauseated. I worry when I don't have symptoms that I'm going to miscarry.My hcg had doubled, but that was a few days ago and I'm not getting it tested anymore.

What are your experiences with a normal pregnancy? Did your symptoms come and go? When did they first appear?

Also, has anyone had a miscarriage and been sicker with that pregnancy than a good pregnancy? My first miscarriage I was soooo sick, I'm wondering what is to come??

Thanks, I hope this helps others in my boat as well!
I was the same way. I worried about miscarrying and focused intently on my symptoms. I was really tired, nauseated, crampy and had really sensitive breasts. This came and went with a few days without these symptoms. I ended up finding out that I miscarried during my first ultrasound (10 weeks), but never actually physically miscarried (i.e., no bleeding). I continued to have positive hpt's, since I still carried the fetus. I found that stressing about probably didn't help. My suggestion is to call a doctor, see if they can do an internal ultrasound (up against the cervix), to put your mind at ease so you don't have to stress out anymore. I think they can see if there's a heartbeat as early as 6 weeks. I figure that everyhing happens for a reason. If it doesn't work out, then the baby was most likely not healthy. Best of luck, and I'm sure everything will work out. Keep postive thoughts.
5 weeks is a little early to even begin symptoms.  Mine didn't begin until about 6 weeks with both pregnancies and luckily they subsided by 9 weeks. I am now 29 weeks but I never had bad pregnancy symptoms.

Maybe you felt tired and a little sick at first because of the excitement and anticipation of being pregnant.  I know with my 1st pregnancy I was so nervous about being pregnant, I made myself feel sick.  Your mind can manifest a lot of they symptoms.  

Since you are only 5 weeks, doing an ultrasound wouldn't show you too much at this point.  I saw each heartbeat in my pregnancies by 6-7 weeks.  Right now it is most likely a waiting game for you until you get to the point where you can have an ultrasound.  I wouldn't worry yet about lack of symptoms this early and even if you were further along, they can come and go.  

I know after experiencing a miscarriage, it is impossible not to worry and the waiting goes by SOO SLOW!.  I hope it all works out for you
I'm just over 8 weeks now (with TRIPLETS!) and I didn't feel well starting my 5th week, but it would come and go.  I was terribly worried and was sure that I'd miscarry.  I was even more sure that it wasn't multiples because I really didn't feel all that sick.  But I was wrong and we have 3 healthy babies growing.  Even now, my symptoms come and go and my doctor said that's completely fine; everyone and every pregnancy is different.  Best of luck to you!
my nausea didnt really disappear until i gave birth, neither did the heartburn. the tiredness sort of came and went throughout, though.
I guess I was unlucky, I got the symptoms, m/s, breast tenderness and fatigue before I was even late for af.  I remember with the last one I almost passed out at work, and af was not due for almost a week, but I had just had a miscarriage and only 1 af at that point so I didn't think too much of it till the heartburn kicked in.  I was very sick with all of my pregnancies, even the blighted ovum that I had to miscarry, unfortunately they did not catch it till I was 11 weeks in.  I still think I should have been given a free pass to skip the m/s with the next pregnancy, especially since I got pregnant so quickly.  I had heard from people that each of their pregnancies were so different though, and most of my friends, aside from one, pretty mcuh didn't get m/s.  Thet felt great throughout aside from being tired.  Maybe it's a good thing that this pregnancy is different.  It's hard though to relax, I was a wreck the entire first trimester and would not talk about the baby with anyone, did not even tell any family or friends till I was 14 weeks along and had seen the baby twice.  I just wanted to wish you good luck, and call your Dr. with any concerns, they should be more sensitive to you because of your past.  It doesn't hurt to ask, but I hope all is well and that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy ahead.
I am also 5 weeks pregnant and no symptom at all.  I am worried sick, because not only I dont have any symptom, I dont even have stretch or any uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. Itr is as if I am not pregnant at all. I was wondering if you have tommy ache or any sign that shows the baby is growing inside you?