accuracy of ultrasound prediction at 30th week

Hi !  I am 31 weeks pregnant.  I had my ultrasound last week (30th week ),  I ask him about baby's gender so that I can shop for the baby.  He show me the three lines and said its a baby girl.  This is my second baby (and last ).  I have my four year old doughter.  Though I have started shopping for a girl but still I am little bit confused on accuracy of these predictions.  My husband want a girl and I  want a boy this time because I always want one boy & one girl in my family.  Please tell me if the ultrasound prediction is always 100% correct at this stage?  

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
CYW
chances are its a girl but never know...
Helpful - 0
It could be true that you are having a girl but you can always request or go to a doctor where they have those 3D sonograms. Those type of sonograms are cool because you can actually see how your baby looks. A friend of mine had one and I was so amazed at how clear you can see the baby.
Helpful - 0
i dunno my friend was told a girl twice.  she got all girl stuff.  crib had flowers and painted the room pink. well she pushed for a bit and dr said its a BOY!!! we all about died.  it was sad b/c she wanted a girl so bad she had 3 boys already    ~d
Helpful - 0
You are more than likely having a girl.
Helpful - 0
they say that ultrasounds arent as accurate in the later stages of pregnancy. but i think that is when they are trying to narrow down the duedate. i would think that it would be a clearer picture of the genitals and baby in general when you are further along cuz baby is bigger. i would say that you are most likely having a girl.... but regular ultrasounds are never 100%. if you really want to know, i would suggest getting a 3d ultrasound done. good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.