anesthesia while pregnant

HI,
ABOUT 5 1/2 WKS AGO I HAD A LAPROSCOPIC BANDING ( LAP BAND SURGERY)PREFORMED TO LOOSE WEIGHT AND I FOUND OUT YESTERDAY WITH A SONOGRAM THAT I AM 7 1/2 WKS PREGNANT \. IM REALLY CONCERNED BECAUSE IM AFRAID THAT THE ANESTHESIA, MORFINE AND BLOOD THINNERS MAY AFFECT MY PREGNANCY.  

PLEASE TELL ME IF AND HOW THIS PROCEDURE CAN AFFECT MY BABY OR MYSELF. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
PLEASE RESPOND ASAP
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You need to talk to your doctors,  Lula,  and not do this online.  
Helpful - 0
If it makes you feel any better I had major surgery during my 13th week of my pregnancy with my baby and she came out totally fine and healthy.  I had morphine and a number of other drugs before, during, and after the surgery.  However you definately need to speak to your OBGYN about the risks and issues associated.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.