baby forks/sporks

my guys have been using baby spoons on their own (not very well...lol.) for a few months now and they're starting to get curious about forks (they see mommy and daddy using a fork and want to use one...but they're too little for "grown up" forks).

when did you start letting your little guys/gals use baby forks/sporks? did you see that s/he used the fork/spork easier than a spoon?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Both of mine used them around a year old.   But they didn't eat much for regular food until then.   It didn't seem to make a difference which one they used- still made a mess!
Helpful - 0
We have been giving Hunter a fork/spoon for awhile now, he is 16months so I would say since 13-14months. Now he wouldnt even eat unless he has one!! He trys his best but most of the time he makes a mess. But practice makes prefect!! and I think a fork is a little easier to pick up things with......
Helpful - 0
we introduced utensils as soon as she was eating food (12 or 13 months). she quickly picked up on it and everyone was amazed. i'd say give it a try. they do make special blunt forks for babies, and with some foods it's easier to eat with a fork.
Helpful - 0
i think we're going to invest in some baby forks/sporks when we go shopping.
Helpful - 0
Jillian has been using both the fork and spoon since shortly after starting on big girl foods.  She does better with the fork than the spoon when she can figure out how to stab something.  This morning DH fed her a waffle for breakfast and she refused it until he gave her a fork!  She's far from a pro...but she tries and is interested!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.