Women's Health: Postpartum Community

baby's hb

Hi I am 23 wks preg and have a doppler.  Sometimes when I am listening to the hb the beat changes.  It will go from fast to real slow and then fast again. Is this normal or should I worry about it?
Totally normal!
That is very normal.  I think the healthy range goes from like 120-160 or even higher.
Thanks I just worry it's just weird I will be listening to it for a minute and in that minute it will go from fast to slow to fast again.  Sometimes I even hear a few beats that are about as slow as my hb is.  It's just weird.  Thought maybe he had a murmur or something.
I'm 28 weeks and I also have fetal doppler.  I often hear the same thing as you.  The heart rate fluxuates a lot.  I asked my Dr. at my last visit if that was normal and she said it was perfectly fine.  
This is normal. Your baby is old enough to be able to hear, and the babies HATE dopplers. I use mine very infrequently now (I am 29 weeks), and my little girl goes crazy if I get it out ... you can see my whole stomach moving as she fights to get away from it. Her movement impacts her heartrate because it is harder to pick up when she is further away.