beta thalassaemia minor / erectile dysfunction

Since my early twenties i have fighting a battle with the NHS to prove there is a connection between beta Thalassaemia minor and erectile dysfunction. I have tried every way to resolve the problem starting with the doctors, there i was told it was in all in my head. Next i had many years on counseling, this did help but only to accept the problem and not get to depressed. Hypnotherapy was next - did nothing for me. Then i discovered Cialis which was fantastic tablet but was not the cure. I finally forced the Doctors in to having my Prolactine and Testosterone levels tested which i soon discovered on the Internet could by the cause of my erectile problems. The results came back and I discovered both were border line but the Doctors dismissed it and said my results were normal. I was diagnosed with beta Thalassaemia minor about thirty years ago and only know starting to connect my blood condition to the erectile issues. As a 42 year old male my partner asked me to have a full health check done recently. My Hemoglobin levels came back low, this was due to my BTM but i am now wondering if there is a connection between this and my other testosterone / Prolactine level taken previously. Perhaps any one would like to put their thoughts on this theory or perhaps ask me a question. I would like to see if anyone else has a similar story.    
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Forgot to add check out these two websites which show the levels of Testosterone and Prolactine for a normal man.

http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/normal-testosterone-levels-in-men.html

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/prolactin-15129
Helpful - 0
H
Helpful - 0
Hi. I have BTM and I'm suffering from erectile dysfunction since several years now and it's getting worse every year. I have 37 years old I started to have troubles since the age of 30. Now it's becoming like impossible to get hard without viagra. I feel desperate about it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.