Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

bfp after miscarraige

hi had a miscarraige last november and i have just found out i am nearly 5 weeks preg when should i go to the doctors.
8 Responses
1128483 tn?1277340286
If you just had one miscarriage most dr's will see you as if you didn't have a miscarriage.  My first apt was at 6 weeks.  If you've had multiple miscarriages they may want to see you sooner to monitor things more closely.

Congrats!
hi there

thank you very much for the reply i have only had one miscarraige. i was just thinking that it may be to soon to go doctors because of what happened last time.
1128483 tn?1277340286
I would suggest at least calling your dr's to let them know and see when they want to see you.  For me at my first apt when they took blood work (And I even got an early ultrasound, I looked around for a dr/midwife willing to do them), it put my mind at ease.  Good luck!
Congrats on the bfp!  I would call the office & make an appt, they will decide when they should see you anyway.  My Dr. pretty much said there was nothing they could do if it happens anyway so she has you wait till 12 weeks unless something happens.  I went in around 6 weeks with my first one due to heavy bleeding & with my second baby I went in at 10 weeks for an u/s since I had a m/c 5 weeks prior.  Just call & talk to the nurse & see what is best for you both.  Good luck & happy 9 months to you!
hi there thank you very much for the reply as but my mind at rest a little
i will call the doctors on monday and see what the doctor says.

thanks again
No problem, good luck!  I always called right away & they get me in when they wanted anyway.  I have to say it was rough getting thru the first trimester after a m/c, but once I got past it & saw him a couple times, it was great!  Take care.
ooh thats great feels like time is really dragging at the moment and i am worried that i have not got any syptoms yet.
congrats on your news,enjoy the fact that the symptoms havent started yet,let us know what docs said,and just relax
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.