Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

bike trailer?

What age did you start to put your child in a bike trailer??  I can't seem to find age requirements for them.  What type/brand of trailer do you have and do you recommend it??  Are the good ones worth it or are the generic brands just fine??
5 Responses
208686 tn?1293030503
Hi Lisa, I'm not sure about a bike trailer but Kellie said her pedi told her 15 months for a bike baby seat. I suppose as long as they can sit up and you strap them in good so they don't go bumping all over it would be okay. I could be wrong though..
121828 tn?1333464491
I haven't really checked them out yet, but they go both ways. Cheap and expensive. My sister has a cheap one and it shows. I peeked inside and the bottom was like a hammock. they just sat on this piece of fabric with hardly any support and I don't think that is good. THere's no, like "shock" cushion you know. When I take Blake in the jogging stroller I'm amazed at how much is absorbed and how much he really loves it. Let me know if you find a good one. I think they should be seat belted in and around 15mo's? Maybe ask the Pedi?
287071 tn?1365192513
I wonder if you posted this on the Baby Products forum if it would get more responses... I'm curious about what people think on bike trailers too. We were looking on Craig's list this week and the price ranges are pretty broad!
293845 tn?1227997530
9 months with the Shwinn brand from Walmart. He loves it!
As long as they are strong enough to sit unsupported t should be OK.  While there is a harness, it's not as secure as a car seat harness so they would need trunk control to keep themselves upright.  You don't want to have to keep stopping and undo all the coverings, etc...just to sit them back up.  LOL!  :)
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.