Women's Health: Postpartum Community

birth control/period

i am on birth control and have been for several months.  the first few months, bleeding was normal at mentruation, though each time slightly lighter.  this month, at the time of my period being due now, it has only been spotting.  i haven't had sex since last month during my period, so is this spotting pregnancy or has the period flow really slowed down that much it's blocked up?
The pill means that you don't actually get a proper period. It's called a withdrawal bleed so because it's not a true period it can be expected that the flow is different to what a normal period would be like. Spotting and light bleeding can be completely normal, especially when taking the pill. Having sex during your last 'period' is highly unlikely to result in pregnancy. And especially if you're taking your pill as directed. Not taking your pill as directed can result in strange bleeding, and pregnancy. I don't think you're pregnant since you've not had sex since last months 'period', the spotting is most likely due to the pill.