birth control

I was just switched birth control.  First off I hate being on BC cuzit makes me gain weight.  Well I wason ortho tri cylen (reg and lo) for a year and it made my period very heavy.  I ran out of pills and decided to stop taking them.  I started to lose some weight :).  I had made a gyn apponitment because being off the pill my period was light them it got heavy to the point of soacking tampos and pads every hour and I would have my period for 10 days be off my period for 10 days them get it again.  The doctor told me my period waslike tihs from being off the pill but eveytime i'm on the pill i gain weight at one time I gained 30 lbs on the pill.  Well the doctor put me on a mono pill ortho-cyclen.  I been on it 2 days and I am getting this pain all over my abdomen and sometimes it feels like i've been punched in the stomach and lost my breath.  I hate being on birth control and I really don't want to gain back this weight I've been losing.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You might want to try NUVARING.  I used it for 3 months and had NO side effects and loved it.  It looks like a jelly bracelet and you insert it (you can't feel it and neither of you can feel it during intercourse) and it stays for 30 days, you take it out for 5 days and then put a new one in. Periods are very very light, no cramping, etc.  My friend was on it as well and LOVED it.  Just a thought.  Plus it's not a daily pill, you just put it in and forget it.  Super easy.  Ask your doc for a sample as that's how I got hooked on it!  It my hubby wasn't getting a vasectemy after this baby, I'd be going back on that in a heartbeat.  MUCH better than any pill I've ever tried.  Plus I had no weight gain with this.
Helpful - 0
Thanks energy_train. I thought about the nuvaring but feel weird having something up inside me.  My doctor told me all pills and deviced and shots all forms have side effects and most common is weight gain.  I am still in pain my stomach hurts feels like i've been punched or that full feeling and cramps.  I just started the pill when I was on my period , monday starter , the doctor told me to start now and n ot to wait until end of period.  I go back july 21 for a chek up to see how I like the pill to se eif it working any better or if I need to switch.
Helpful - 0
I thought it would be weird having something up there too but it wasn't at all. You NEVER knew it was there- not once!  Easy to remove and insert and you can ask your doc about this but it's a lower dose of hormones so you don't get the side effects of the pill.  It might be worth a try!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.