bleeding after almost 7 weeks?! Helppp

Am i still suppose to be bleeding 7 weeks after giving birth?!?! I had an emergancy c section and i havent stopped bleeding yet, my uterus did himerage idk if that could have something to do with it?!? My doctor still hasnt called me back
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
bump
Helpful - 0
Bump
Helpful - 0
Bump
Helpful - 0
Have you had your 6 week checkup?  It's possible, but just not.sure the rest of the story...if its a large amount of blood with large clots, or even just one of those, its a concern. I bled for 6 weeks after my c section, then had a period for 7 days. I'm breastfeeding and.havent bled since, just some very minor spotting.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
I had my check up, and they were more concerned that i might have a uterus infection, my delivery was horrible, i was induced for natural labor and because i had pre eclampsia, then they had to give me an emergancy c section because it turned to HELLP syndrome... they overdosed me on magnesium so it was like i had the flu during all of this, then after the c section my uterus hemiriged and i was passing huge blood clots, i had to get a blood transfusion... and at times the bleeding is really heavy and has small blood clots, and at times its normal
Helpful - 0
I didn't mean to have that post twice....sorry about that. I had an emergency c section...so I understand how you felt. I even projectile puked on my nurse.  It might be worth calling in and talking to you Ob because of all the complications you went through. Are you still taking iron? Might help a bit.
Helpful - 0
I stopped taking my iron pill because they put me on another med with it and together they made me sick, and my obgyn wont call me back, hes not a big fan of me because we are sueing
Helpful - 0
The iron made me sick as well. I went to the slow Fe. It didn't take it all away, but by dosing slowly over time it helped make it not so bad. Is recommend going back on it for starters, but keep trying to get ahold of your Ob. They have the PhD...we just have experiences. :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.