A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
174515 tn?1191710869

breast question, breastfeeding/surgery

hi girls, here is my question. well,explanation then question.

i have a history of fibrocystic breast and had surgery done about 10 years ago. while i was having cysts removed i had a breast reduction. part of it was relocating my nipples. (sorry if TMI) the doctor has told me that i probably would not be able to breast feed, but i have done some research and seen where it is possible sometimes.

the LeLeche League website says it is possibel etc..

i started leaking from one breast this morning.just my left breast and noticed a bit of pink tinge to a couple of the spots. i checked my nipple for injury and there was none, but as my fingers were on my nipple it did get quite wet, almost to a point of dripping. now the wetness is clearish. my right nipple is not leaking or changed.

does anyone have experience with this? if i have colostrum in my breast that can come out surely i will ultimately be able to make milk as well. i wonder if it usually starts on one breast or if the right side ducts were destroyed during my surgery.
2 Responses
164559 tn?1233711618
I had blood in my colostrum with my first two.  It cleared up when my milk came in and I was able to nurse.  I don't know much about your specific case, but it sounds like nursing may be a possibility.
174515 tn?1191710869
that's my main hope, i think that even if i only get milk on one side , and i  know that will never sustain twins, at least i can pump and supplement.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.