Women's Health: Postpartum Community

breast question, breastfeeding/surgery

hi girls, here is my question. well,explanation then question.

i have a history of fibrocystic breast and had surgery done about 10 years ago. while i was having cysts removed i had a breast reduction. part of it was relocating my nipples. (sorry if TMI) the doctor has told me that i probably would not be able to breast feed, but i have done some research and seen where it is possible sometimes.

the LeLeche League website says it is possibel etc..

i started leaking from one breast this morning.just my left breast and noticed a bit of pink tinge to a couple of the spots. i checked my nipple for injury and there was none, but as my fingers were on my nipple it did get quite wet, almost to a point of dripping. now the wetness is clearish. my right nipple is not leaking or changed.

does anyone have experience with this? if i have colostrum in my breast that can come out surely i will ultimately be able to make milk as well. i wonder if it usually starts on one breast or if the right side ducts were destroyed during my surgery.
I had blood in my colostrum with my first two.  It cleared up when my milk came in and I was able to nurse.  I don't know much about your specific case, but it sounds like nursing may be a possibility.
that's my main hope, i think that even if i only get milk on one side , and i  know that will never sustain twins, at least i can pump and supplement.