Women's Health: Postpartum Community

breastfeeding and missed period

My baby is now ten weeks old, and I've been breastfeeding exclusively the whole time.  Last month, af showed up, which I was surprised about but learned it happens to lots of breastfeeding mothers.  The problem is, my period was due three days ago, but I only had about a day of spotting.  Is it normal to start your period when you're breastfeeding and then skip the next one, or is it possible I'm pregnant again (I only had sex once a couple weeks ago but I guess it only takes one time)  I'm really hoping that isn't the case, just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else?
It is not irregular for your periods to be off for a while, your hormones ahve not gone back to normal yet so this is very common happened to, and few months for them to get regular again, but..... wow that would not be unheard of to get preg again if you got your period, what do they call that irish twins or something, I guess you will have to wait and see if anything is different over the next couple of weeks.
thanks for answering, yeah, I'm hoping it's just that my hormones are still not back to normal, I'm just a little freaked out since I had a perfectly normal period last month and things are all weird now.  Good to know it happens :)
i GOT MY AF EXACTLY 30 DAYS AFTER DELIVERY AND THEN AT 60 DAYS AND I'VE YET TO START THIS MONTH AND AM A WEEK LATE. I TOO EXCLUSIVELY BREASTFEED SO IT'S WEIRD THAT I GOT IT THE FIRST 2 MONTHS ON TIME AND NOT MY 3RD.
breastfeeding is not baby proof.  You can definitely get pregnant again and you could even get pregnant before your first period after giving birth.  I know a girl that had her kids 10 months apart.  (She didnt wait for the 6 weeks) Who does?;O)
This is CRAZY!!!!!!   I know exactly what you are going through.  I just had a baby 10 weeks ago.  I had my first period after the baby was born on August 2, it is now September 6th and nothing.  I know its only a couple of days but I can't understand why I would have a normal period one month and then nothing the next.  I am also breastfeeding as I did with my other 2 children and this never happened. My menstral cycle has always been very regular and predictable and the only time I ever was late was because I was pregnant not for anything else.  I am soooooooooooo freaked out.  I can't be pregnant again.  I am finally feeling like myself again and fitting in all my old clothes and I just bought a business.  What in the world am I going to do.  My husband is going to freak.  And yes incase you are wondering we did use all the proper precautions.  Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!   I am either very cursed or very blessed.  I am going to go with blessed for now.
At this moment i'm passing through something similar...my son is 17 months i've been breastfeeding since he was born and i started my first period 3 months ago and they were all on time , now im worried cause i'm a few days late this month..........Does that mean i can be pregnant or is it normal if im still breastfeeding?............