Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

childbirth

is childbirth the second time around easier than the first?
13 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
For me the second child was alot easier, I pushed 3x and he was out. Ist time I pushed for 3 hours.
Helpful - 0
for me it was far far worse.  i ended up with a complete uterine rupture, my baby had her stomach pumped b/c it was full of blood, and i had a bad recovery.  not easier.
Helpful - 0
The second baby was way worse! With my 1st I did not feel anything and he was out in 18min. The second time around My epi. did not work, we had some prob.'s with his heart beat and even know it only took 3min to push him out, labor was much harder!
Helpful - 0
151668 tn?1239921105
I can't vote on this one yet...but I'm not liking the answers so far. Getting me all nervous about having this second baby in February! (Then again, my first delievery was a nightmare, so maybe it will be better for me the second time around? Here's hoping! :-)
Helpful - 0
589762 tn?1330207135
Oh wow..... I cant vote yet either but the stories arent giving me much hope either.... my first was actually pretty easy.... I pushed I think 3 or 4 times and she was out! Hoping to have it just as easy with the second, we will see!
Helpful - 0
172023 tn?1334672284
Heck, yes!  It was for me.  There are always exceptions, but by far second and subsequent children are easier.

I know, I know....NOT always.  But most often.  
Helpful - 0
182926 tn?1273012392
each time I get pregnant it gets worse.  but its worth it..  no fears when you see your baby..
Helpful - 0
what do the purple and green colors on the graph represent?  there is no key!?!??!
Helpful - 0
484465 tn?1532214032
2nds easier b/c you've been there, done that, know some of the ropes!
Helpful - 0
210400 tn?1325380570
I say the 4th was the worst. Actually my first three were all 8 1/2 hours; as for pain. I say pain is pain...
Helpful - 0
there is a key to the left, the percentages have colored boxes next to them.

Helpful - 0
I'm due to have my second child at Christmas time and I am not pleased with what many are saying about childbirth the second time around! My husband and I are moving with our son into our first home this weekend- very stressful- and I was hoping to read that it's a breeze! wishful thinking, I know, but holy cow! I was induced the first time. My labor was long and painful, I've got my fingers crossed for an easier labor this time!
Helpful - 0
203342 tn?1328737207
I don't know if it was easier but it sure was a lot faster with each kid.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.